Chapter 2. Running Back Into You...

2:47pm

"What can we do, what are we gonna do, roses are red and violets are blue, Love is good and plenty if you get plenty good lovin', kiss you when you hot, you know I got to to keep you blubbing, Do me right, do me right, my lonesome dove tell me one more time, What is this thing called love, I'm not quite sure as to what is going down, But I'm feelin' Hunkey Dory 'bout this thing that I found....." Heavy D finally finished the sixth and final take of the song with the final rap, earning an applause from Teddy and Dawnette.

Teddy cut the track and the group exited from the booth. Heavy D and the Boys had their session scheduled for today to finish up the last song and single 'Now That We Found Love' for their album Peaceful Journey. Teddy produced the album with, of course, help from Dawnette in the process. As the boys took a seat in the chairs in the room, Teddy begin to speak.

"Yo, that shit was dope. You guys did very good with this track. I know it's gonna be a hit!"

Everyone cheered and clapped at Teddy's statement. After all the long hours of hard work the group put in to complete this album, every song was bound to be a hit. If not every song, then at least a couple of them, especially the song Heavy D and the Boys just got finished recording.

They were dedicating this album to their long time friend and band mate Troy, also know as "Trouble" T. Roy who passed away not too long ago due to a fall. It was very painful to hear about his passing, especially since they were just starting to work on their new album as of right now.

But, eventually, the boys had to move on and continue the album without him resulting in getting a new member. But, as Heavy and Eddie always say, "Although he is gone, he we always be here recording and performing with us in our hearts." And the way they recorded that last take, it was as if Troy was in the room right along with them. He will truly be missed.

Dawnette smiles, showing all of her pearly whites. "I'm with Ted on that. You guys did so wonderful in the booth. And if anything, this song was made to be an absolute hit. Hands down! Y'all fucked it up in their today. And I'm so very proud to say that I've enjoyed working with you guys and helping Teddy produce your album. It was an honor. And I can't wait for it to be released in July!" Everyone cooed at Dawnette's brief speech, making her smile even more harder.

"Thanks, Dawnette. We couldn't have done it if it wasn't for you and Teddy." Heavy says, sincerely.

"Ay, it was no problem. I'm just glad you guys chose us to help with the album. It was amazing." Teddy tells them, smiling. Dawnette nods her head, agreeing. "But, before we do some editing, how about we listen to the track and hear how it sounds."

Teddy turns his swivel chair around fooling around with a few buttons on the control system. As much as Dawnette wanted to stay and listen to the track, she couldn't. It was almost three in the afternoon. She had another job to attend to: picking up Kyan from school.

"Umm...fellas, I'm gonna have to go. Have to go tend to my other and main priority." She stood up from the swivel chair and retrieve her hand bag from the floor.

"Aww!" Heavy pouted. "But we understand. Tell little man Heavy said wassup."

"Me too!" Eddie adds in.

"And me three!" Teddy adds in thirdly.

Dawnette cracks a smile, nodding her head. "Will do, guys. See ya later." She says, heading for the door.

"Bye, Dawnette." They all said in unison.

She opens the door walking out while closing it behind her. Dawnette strides down the hall until she was in view of the lobby and Zahra who was sitting behind the receptionist desk.