Chapter 26. Running Back Into You...

Michael had finally awaken, now sitting in a chair to what seems to be another room that was empty. He could vaguely here people outside of the room talking amongst themselves, preferably the hospital staff. He knew that he had fainted upon seeing Geena's lifeless body being worked on for resuscitation. Never in all of his life has he witnessed someone's dead body, someone who he knew and was quite close with.

Someone who he'd considered a good friend.

He's never witnessed anything like it and it was overly frightening to the point he had fainted. Seeing the mother of his child in that state did something to his mind and shattered his heart.

Looking to his left, he sees Bill sitting in another chair of the other side of the room, who stands to his feet. " Good thing you are awake now. Ana is with Gloria in the lobby." He tells him coming closer to where he was seated.

"Okay. How's Geena? Did they bring her back? Is she gonna be okay?" He asks Bill a mile a minute.

He was anxious to know if she was okay. He needed to know because he wanted to speak with her. He needed for her to see their daughter and if she was gone, he did not know what he was going to do. She couldn't leave Giuliana so soon and not like this either.

Bill exhales a deep sigh, not knowing how he was going to break the terrible news to Michael. Knowing him since a young boy and now a man, was going to hit something different within himself. He knows Michael fell out of love with Geena a few years ago after realization of Dawnette, but he never harbored any hard feelings towards the girl on how things have ended between them and what she did to his family.

One thing he knew about Michael is that he cared about Geena a lot as the mother of their daughter and as a friend only. The news were going to hurt him to the core and he wasn't sure of how he should come about it to him. How was he suppose to tell Michael, that Geena couldn't be resuscitated because of the tumor on her brain?

It wasn't the cancer that took her out earlier than expected, she ended up having brain edema. Not saying anything else just yet, Bill takes a much needed moment to get himself together and brace himself for what was about to come.

"Bill?" Michael calls out to him, now standing to his feet.

"Joker," he starts off, "son, Geena...Geena suffered brain edema earlier this morning..."

"Okay..." He drags, "is she alive is what I need to know right now."

"No, son. Uh...she didn't make it. The tumor on her brain caused the swelling while she slept and she ending up passing. I'm so-" Bill couldn't even finish his sentence because Michael's entire expression went from hope, anxious and worry to blank with his eyes brimming with tears.

He stood a couple feet away from Bill, trying to control his nerves and emotions, but as soon as he repeated those exact same words he was told in his head, that's when the tears made their way down and he just let it all go. Bill quickly rushed over to him and brought him into his arms, holding him ever so tightly as a father would hold their son.

Bill loved Michael with all of his heart and would do anything for him. He was another child to him and his wife. Seeing him like this hurts his heart so much. As much as he didn't want to break the news to Michael, he knew he had to because he had no other choice but to. He just didn't want to see him heartbroken at losing someone he cared about.

"I can't believe it!" Michael cries into his chest.

"I know, son. Just let it all out."

After Bill consoled Michael for however long he needed to, Michael had cleaned himself up before he and Bill exited the room they were in and made their way into the lobby where they spotted Gloria holding Giuliana. Just a look at his daughter made it hard to keep himself altogether just for her because she was the spitting image of her mother.