Chapter 28. Running Back Into You...

A BIRTHDAY WISH
Just want to wish the most greatest man God has ever created and put on this earth a Happy 61st Birthday. Michael, you have touched so many souls and changed so many lives in this ungrateful world, yet people tried and still are trying to tear to you down in death, but trouble don't last always and the truth always shines bright like a diamond. Your family, your realest and truest friends and US REAL FANS, will forever remain by your side no matter what. You are truly missed and will forever remain the world's biggest inspiration and most loving and caring man/entertainer .

Love you always, ZennyP. 🖤

••••••••••••

Tuesday, March 8, 1991

As the next morning rolled in, Michael was still fast asleep in the bedroom and Dawnette was the first to awaken along with their children. The funeral yesterday had pretty much took a toll on both Dawnette and Michael, especially the letter Geena written for him. Her last words were touching and so powerful that his heart couldn't take it. The fact that all this time Geena knew about Dawnette, yet she never held any resentment towards him for his cheating ways.

That letter he had written for Dawnette years ago was the proof she needed to put the missing pieces of the puzzle together. Instead, she wanted for the two to be together because of his love he had for Dawnette for so long. What's going to hurt him the most is that he couldn't thank Geena for understanding his true feelings for someone else. But that letter, was all the confirmation he needed.

Dawnette was downstairs with their son and daughter preparing them breakfast as they were in the livingroom watching morning cartoons. Since Kyan didn't go to school again, which will be his last free day home, this was an opportunity to spend more time with Giuliana. With Family Day approaching in a matter of weeks, Dawnette could finally put her nerves off to the side. After seeing Katherine in such a long time and both women catching up before the funeral yesterday, and introducing Kyan to his grandmother, it was such a relief to her to know that everything will go well. She may have not known about the others and how they will feel, but just to know how Katherine felt mattered to her more than anyone. All was well between them.

Several minutes go by and breakfast was now finished. As she was preparing everyone's plate, she felt a pair of huge hands grasping her hips before feeling a pair of arms snaking around her waist. A smile went across her face knowing that Michael had finally awaken.

"Mmm," he hums into her neck followed with soft kisses to it, "morning, baby."

Leaning her head back to the side still wearing her beautiful smile, Michael smiles down at her and peck her lips a few times before pulling away and letting her continue her task at hand.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes! Being with you, I get all the damn sleep that I need."

This made Dawnette blush, "I'm glad I'm able to do that for you. How are you holding up though?"

"Honestly," he sighed, "I'm still in grief, but after reading that letter, it gave me the closure I needed not only for myself, but for us as well. I can continue on with my life knowing everything has been settled. How are you holding up? I know that letter overwhelmed you."

Dawnette by then stopped what she's doing, fully turning around still in his arms and stared into his brown eyes, "Yeah, it was very overwhelming and sad but most of all touching in so many ways. As of today, I'm joyful because Geena looked past all of the mess between us and hoped for us to be together. She saw that love, y'know? No other woman would have been that mature and understanding enough to do such a thing, but Geena, I can tell she was a wonderful woman. I'm gonna make her proud by stepping up and being the best mother figure to that baby girl you have. Hell, she's already mine if we're gonna be honest."