Chapter 14. Running Back Into You...

It's been thirty minutes after telling Kyan about Michael being his father. Dawnette was relieved that everything went about in a good way. She didn't know how she would take it if her son were to be upset with her. Yes, he's fairly young to not understand what's going on, but in the future he will and she's going to have to prepare herself for it. Resentment, that is. She has learned from her tremendous mistake and is making up for what she'd done.

The anger that Michael so happens to still have for her, although he's not showing it as much, but she knows for a fact it's still there. The only thing they're going to have to do now, especially since the Jacksons' Family Day is coming up next month, is to tell everyone about Kyan. Is she ready for that? Not really, not even close. She's nervous on what their reaction may be. The only thing is, they never knew about her and Michael's affair. The only people who knew of them were Janet and Bill. Other than that, everything was kept a damn secret.

Behind closed doors.

Locked away.

And of course, questions are going to be thrown their way about how it all happened, when and where and how. Dawnette just only fearing one thing and one thing only.... being labeled and looked at as a homewrecker. Which, of course, is something that she's not but knowing them and the fact that Michael was engaged at the time (she never knew), they will probably look at her as such. And most definitely it will hurt her to the core because they've known her for so long to know she was brought up better than that.

Guess she'll just have to find out when they cross that bridge.

Now in the back of Neverland at the amusement park Michael had which Dawnette, herself thought was amazing, she and Michael was watching Kyan enjoying himself on the carousel. The huge smile that was plastered onto his face was a beautiful sight to see that it made her smile to see him this happy. They've been on mostly majority of the rides except the Zipper being that she wasn't sure of Kyan getting on that.

That was a BIG no to that ride.

She wanted to join them on a few but decided to let them bond by themselves without her in the picture. Today was all about them and she wanted it to be about them and not with her included. Maybe she's being crude on herself here not participating in on the fun with them.

Just a little? Too much?

She sat at a nearby bench that was close to the carousel that Kyan was having a blast on. She watched from a distance, his curls being swept away in the wind as the ride made its route into another circle, the smile on his face never once disappearing. Then her eyes set on Michael who was smiling hard at their son enjoying himself. She could see the happiness showing through his eyes that it made her smile. Her eyes shifted from him to her surroundings.

It was very beautiful out here. From the grass, to the trees, the flowers, the amusement park, everything. Truth be told, if Michael allowed it, she would stay here forever. Her and Kyan both. His home was peaceful, full of life and more. No wonder why he loves it here so much. Hearing little patter of feet sprinting her way, her eyes look ahead and see that Kyan was making his way towards her, Michael not too far behind.

"Mommy, mommy!" Kyan exclaims running into his mother's arms.

"Had fun, baby?" She asks him with a smile, looking down into his eyes.

"Yes! Daddy and I had lots of fun," he turns his attention to Michael who finally made it to the bench and taking a seat next to Dawnette, a little space to separate them, "right, daddy?"

Michael flashes his pearly whites at his oldest son and replied, "Yes, we sure did have lots of fun. Later we can come back after lunch. Sounds cool?"