Chapter 4. Running Back Into You...

"We could fight like Ike and Tina...Or give back like Bill and Camille...Be rich like Oprah and Steadman...Or instead struggle like Flo and James Evans... 'Cause he ain't no different from you, And she ain't no different from me, So we got to live our dreams, Like the people on TV, We gotta stay tuned, 'cause there's more to see..unbreakable, Through the technical difficulties..unbreakable, We might have to take a break, But y'all know we'll be back next week, I'm singing this love is unbreakable, Oh yeah, yeah...." Dawnette sang the last notes while playing the piano.

Although she was a good songwriter and producer, she had many other talents that no one knew about. Not even Teddy at first, and mostly Michael who she known almost all her life. She had a beautiful, sultry singing voice that was like music to anyone's ear. It was deep for a woman but so velvety-like. Her voice was unique in its own way.

And, let's not forget the magic that those slender fingers could do on black and white keys. She was a naturalist when it came to piano. She took lessons a while back to understand reading music more, but other than that, she played by ear.

She was a true prodigy with a God given gift.

"You must have just written that?" Asks Teddy who was sitting in his swivel chair, but finally turned it around to look at Dawnette who was sitting at the piano.

Dawnette flashes a bright smile. "Yeah. Recently, though. I named it Unbreakable as you heard in the chorus. But, yeah, I wrote it about a week or two ago. It just came to me and I started writing. I have to finish it since all I have is the verse, hook and chorus."

"Well, I love it. The melody, the harmony of the notes throughout it, it's very unbreakable alright." He laughs and Dawnette joins him.

"Why must you be so corny, Ted?"

"Oh, hush!" He says, with a gesture of his hand. "You still love me and my corny-ness, so don't front on a nigga now."

Dawnette threw her head back and laughed. This was one of the main reasons why she loved Teddy so much. He had such a great sense of humor. Always making her and others laugh.

"I guess I do." She says with a roll of her eyes and shrug of her shoulders.

"But you should really consider getting into the music world. Singing wise, might I add. Dawn, you have such an amazing voice and talent with the piano. Why not go for it? Don't let something God gave you go to waste just for this. Use your talent, girl. Hell, I'll even help you write some of your songs and produce them. Just think about it. I told this-"

"Time and time again." She finishes his sentence for him. "Look..." she sighs, "I'll think about. For real this time, I promise. I just love writing and producing for others, that's all. That's why I'm here..."

"Do you even realize how many hits you could have had with the songs you've written for others?" Teddy questions with a raised brow. "Half of those songs fit your voice, but you didnt want to go down that road at the time. I understand, but this time, give it a try. The music industry needs a new prodigy like you. They need someone fresh with a new sound, look, and voice. Baby girl, you have it all. Do it."

"Do it?" She asks."

Teddy nods his head. "Do. It."

Dawnette took a minute to ponder all that Teddy said. She's not going to lie, she knows how very talented she was from the beginning, but she always had the heart to write for others. Songs that she knew for a fact she could have kept for herself and made millions off of, but she just didn't want that. She chose to help Teddy, be his wingman...or wingwoman. Either way, that's what she chose and that's what she wanted.