Chapter 23. Running Back Into You...

"Please, Dawn," he begged, "let me make this right, baby." Michael stared intensely yet lovingly into her eyes.

She could actually see it for the first time in years. His true feelings for her. Michael leaned forward and pecked her lips once. Then he pecked them again. And again. And again. And again...

Finally, he pulls away, but Dawnette suddenly stops him and softly says, "No. Kiss me again."

Michael stared at her for a second with a look of passion and obliged. This time, he releases his grip from her hands, and wrap them lovingly around her waist as she places her delicate hands on each side of his face, their lips locked into a more fiery kiss. A kiss of fire is what it was. It resurrected all of their feelings, well most of it was Dawnette's.

This man, this man.

This man was who she loved.

He is still who she loves.

She felt Michael bend down briefly but only to pick her up gripping both of her thighs in each of his hands. He was strong as she could remember. Still locked in their kiss, it started to get more intense and heated with the acceptance of tongues getting involved. Michael carefully guided them both to the livingroom, smacking sounds from their lips could be heard echoing behind in the hallway of the foyer.

Upon entrance, Michael gently laid Dawnette down on the sofa as he laid on top of her, in between her legs. No, he wasn't going to have sex with her, although in his mind that would have been wonderful, but they both had so much to discuss in regards of their complicated relationship some years ago.

The 'reasons why'.

"I love you, Netty, and I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I didn't realize it before." Michael broke the kiss with his words to look her deep in her eyes as he spoke them. But he wasn't finished. "I was stupid, girl. I was real stupid to not see, to not feel, and to not hear it the whole time..."

By this time, Michael removed his body from on top of hers and sat up. She followed suit, with one leg tucked underneath her, her body facing Michael so that he could have her undivided attention. This was the moment he was going to tell her why of everything on his part.

"Then why? Why marry another woman when you knew how I felt and if you felt the same as you're claiming right now?" She asked him, the hurt evident in her voice.

Michael heard it loud and clear. This is what he's trying to get rid of. The hurt and the pain he'd caused her. Don't get him wrong, he was and still is hurting about their son, but that will surely come up until the foundation of how Kyan gotten here is resolved, understood and forgiven.

He nodded his head as he began. "Okay. I met Geena during the Victory tour, well after one of our shows that was way before we had arranged to have the benefits, but close to that time maybe. We started to get close and things before and while you and I started to mess around and continued to mess around. I guess I was having my cake and eating it too, huh? I did like Geena in the beginning stages when we first met I thought she was so beautiful to me and had a beautiful soul to match. She seemed so cool and had good intentions with me. Well, a couple months in, I started to feel love for her and slowly fall for her as well, but in the back of my mind and I even felt it, Dawn, when I always came to see you or vice versa I felt something different about you too. I felt like I was falling in love with you, but I didn't want to mess up what he had as friends and even as casual lovers. I couldn't be with you because at the end of the day you were my best friend who agreed to have sex with me on the side, but feelings got involved. So some months down the line, I propose to Geena to convince myself I couldn't have feelings for you like that and the other part was that I loved her too...." he took a pause and continued, "that day when I called you over to talk, I couldn't help myself but to have you one last time. That day I felt it. I felt the love and it scared the shit outta me. It scared me and made me push myself away from you. That's when I came clean about my engagement. It wasn't the best way to do it because you felt I used you and I did and I shouldn't have. Then you left me with only a kiss lingering moments after. I never saw you again until this year. I eventually told her about us but I never mentioned your name to her because it wasn't any of her business. I had to come clean to her if I was going to be her husband. We had hit a lot of rough patches and I started to see another side of her I thought I'd never see. The real her. Ever since you left, I couldn't get you out of my head, you were always in my thoughts. After Geena gave birth to Giuliana, I filed for divorce the following week, which became final after my Bad World Tour. All she wanted from me was my fame, my money. Our child wasn't a pawn to trap me, thank God, it was actually a genuine procreation. She didn't get the fame, but only when she was around with me at events but she sure as hell got the money. From that moment on, I realized we both used each other to get what we wanted. As for me, I didn't. I still felt my love for you. You were always on my mind, Netty. Always. I didn't convince myself because in truth I really needed you. That's everything. That's the truth as to why I ran away from my love for you. I was an asshole, I know, but I needed to come clean on my part and tell you the truth. The truth that's been eating at me for five fucking long years. The truth that Bill and Janet has been telling me about for so long..."