Chapter 27 - "Unhealed wound..."

Navya's diary page

             Navya's diary page

With an ocean of bustle in my heart, I plod towards my room. A lump of guilt is choking my throat. Tears prick my eyes. Right now, my mind is clouded with fear and dilemma.

"If this is Navya's diary, how did it come to our house?"

I question my mind if I really don't know or I just want to pretend that I don't know. However, my Inner Goddess is pretty blunt.

"You are smart enough to guess."

She retorts. I still have the courage to dodge her hint.

"Yes, perhaps Bhai got it here."

I murmur while entering my room and silently close the door behind me.

"If he got, it perhaps wasn't kept in the storeroom. He is not that impassive."

My Inner God has a logical point. Bhai has never mentioned this diary to me. I sink into the easy chair kept in my balcony and with trembling hands open a page.

"Hello Diary,

Today I again met him. He is not that bad as I thought. Instead, he is quite funny. The way he was imitating the policeman, that was hilarious. Today I also came to know his name. Cabir Murthy. Navya, what is going on in your mind? Isn't it too early to like anyone? Well, I can't lie to my diary........

I like you Cabir."

She made a smiley after that line. I flip some pages and halt in a place. There is a heart made with red ink and some lines are written.

"Hello Diary,

For the first time, I am feeling shy to meet myself in front of the mirror. People say, first kiss feels like fire within bones and stream in the soul. However, I felt it like he made me alive with that touch on my lips. It was full of all the words that we didn't need to say. He kissed me and took all the worries away from my heart. Thanks Cabir."

Then she wrote a quote with two heart signs,

"And at that moment the world stopped spinning as your lips met mine and I forgot how to breathe..."

A face comes in front of my eyes. My first kiss with....My eyes burn. I forcefully push away Manik's face from my emotional fool mind and again start flipping the diary pages. Navya has written all important incidents and emotional feelings related to Bhai in a systematic way. How they met, how they became friends and then lovers. Their first date, first confession and first kiss. I turn some more pages and stop in a particular place. Navya has written,

"Hello Diary,

Today we were pretending to be the parents of our future baby. I know Cabir loves children. He said that when our child will be born, every day he will come at home with chocolate and toys. I even argued with him on this. I don't want my baby to be pampered and spoilt like this. But he is as stubborn as his Ajja. Should I tell him that Ajja called me. But what if he confronts his Ajja. I don't want any problem in his family because of me. But why Ajja is not trying to understand our love? What should I do now?"