Chapter- 17 "The bitter love..."

"Today my bandage will be removed. Finally, I will be free from this boring bondage. I glance at the clock. Last night I had slept before Manik messaged me. So in the early morning, I disturbed him with my wake up call. After my persistent 5-6 calls, he cared to attend it. However, his tone was not as excited as I expected. Neither he asked about Bhai's response about him nor did he become eager to come with me to the doctor clinic. Although it was previously decided that the day my bandage will be removed he will be there with me. Somehow it hurts. Perhaps he forgot. My mind tries to pacify me. I sigh and get up to get ready. Within half an hour I have to visit the clinic. Bhai wanted to accompany me but I know he has a very important meeting today. So I literally forced him to go to the office. I can manage. Yes, you can manage. My inner Goddess supports me. We both feel a bit neglected. Does love make us weak and tender? My train of thoughts breaks with a honking sound. I told Kapil, my driver, to take out the car. He must be waiting. I open the cupboard and take out a simple top and palazzo and carefully but hurriedly change."

After 10 minutes I come out of my mansion and get into the car.

"Dr Khaitan's clinic."

I sternly command and turn my face to look out the car window. The sky is gloomy. Probably it will rain. The clinic is not very far from our mansion. So the car reaches within 15-20 minutes. I get down slowly and gaze forward. The sight in front of mine brings an immediate ecstatic smile on my lips. Manik is shuttling in the parking zone of the clinic.

"Monster! When he remembered the day and decided to come then what was the need of annoying me with his bogus indifference? All the time he wants to tease me. I pout in my mind and saunter at him."

Until now, Manik was oblivious of my presence. However, the distinct sound of my swishing cloth reaches his ear and he turns to meet my eyes. We both are standing a ft apart.

"Oh...you came. Let's go inside. The clinic is not very crowded today."

Manik speaks in a hurry. I observe something new in his eyes. They are red and sleepy, indicating a long sleepless night. My brows automatically furrow.

"Are you okay?"

I ask in worry. Manik gives a nonchalant smile.

"Yeah, I am perfect....Now."

"Now, That means he was not previously? My sceptic inner Goddess raises the question."

But before I can ask something further, a nurse comes out and informs us that Dr Khaitan is waiting for me. We enter the waiting lounge.

........................................

"But how can I go with you? He will remove the bandage and will examine you. He might not allow me to sit over there."

Manik tries to convince me as I am too adamant to get him inside the Dr's cabin and want him to be there when I will be examined.

"So what? Families can accompany the patient."

I become rigid. Manik looks at me for a few minutes. A lopsided smile is plastered on his lips.

"Families? I am your family? Are you sure?"

His voice has something which sends an uncomfortable vibe to my mind. I open my mouth to reply when the nurse again calls my name.

"Nurse, can he go with me?"

I directly ask the nurse.

"Ummm..yeah, he can but during the dressing and all he will have to come out."