Chapter 29 - "The divergence..."

Since I disclosed my intention to destroy the Murthys, Nandini hasn't come to the office. All the employees know that ELYSIAN is going through a rough patch but they don't know what is the reason and who is behind it. For the last 7 days, even I was not regular in the office. Because I was busy contacting Cabir and working on our plan. Though I was in touch with Ayesha, Ruhi and Aman to conduct the important work it was hard for me to balance both sides. I enter the office bay and all get alert. Not because they know that unofficially I am acting like a partner of this company, but they might not expect me in the office this time. I ignore their surprised expression and straight head to my desk. Oh yes! Even I have tactfully snatched the power of attorney of this company I have never occupied Nandini's cabin. I was never after her money. It was only my way to take revenge. I sit on my chair and lift the intercom receiver.

"Ayesha, please come to my desk. And bring all the ongoing contract files. Make it first."

I instruct and switch on my laptop. First of all, I have to complete all the ongoing works with the clients with whom we are having disputes. I created this mess and I will have to get this back on track. I quickly make the designs according to the client demands and send the orders to our vendors. The sooner I get the material, the sooner I will be able to start my work. I open the mailbox to send emails to the clients, giving intimation about the work progress. It will help to bring back their faith in ELYSIAN'S reputation. Meanwhile, Ayesha enters with a bunch of files.

"Sir, the files. Nandini Ma'am hasn't checked as she is not coming. But Sir we are running out of time to complete the contracts."

Ayesha mouths with concern. I show my hand to stop without looking at her.

"Keep them here. I will do the needful. You may go."

I order with a virile voice and again get engrossed in the files. I think it will take my entire night to finish all these. However, I am ready. After a brief silence, Ayesha's voice startles me. Only then I realise that she is still standing over here.

"Sir, what happened to Nandini Ma'am? I have never seen her so reluctant towards her works. She is not coming to the office for the last week. I even called her. But she didn't pick it up. It seems that she has left the entire burden on you. This is not fair, Manik Sir. She can't exploit you like this."

Her words tear some chords in my mind. I stare up to pin her with my cold intimidating eyes. Fright enshrouds Ayesha's eyes.

"What she can do and what she can't...I don't think you are the person to evaluate this. Secondly, you don't have to worry about my work pressure. I know what is my responsibility and for which I am getting paid. But I think you have forgotten that here you are not being paid for your expertise on gossiping. No! ELYSIAN has better things to do. So, concentrate on your limited work and leave the rest on others. Don't forget Nandini Murthy is the owner of this company. She is not answerable to anyone for her work pattern. Now, go...if I need, I will call you."

My razor-sharp voice seems unknown even to my ears. She is lucky that I didn't lose my control. Whatever I have done to Nandini is my matter. But no other person is allowed to criticize her. I will never accept it. With a blanched face, Ayesha bends her head and exits the place. I let out a sigh and again get absorbed in work.

................................................

"Nandi.."

Cabir eagerly calls Nandini and twists the door latch to enter her room. However, the emptiness of the place brings frowns on his forehead. For the last 3-4 days, both of them are not being able to talk properly. He was busy with Manik and their plan to meet Navya where Nandini perhaps wanted to be alone for some time. Cabir wanted to tell her about Manik's plan but Manik strictly forbade him to not disclose it to anyone. Not even to his sister. During these days, Cabir's mind was too absorbed with so many thoughts that he couldn't give attention to Nandini. He knew that right now, Nandini is broken and needs emotional support. And this guilt was bothering him inside. Being a brother, he knows how emotionally loner she is. When it comes to her heart, she is as silent as the grave. Nobody can open her mouth if she doesn't want to. Nobody can get the slightest whiff of her emotional turmoil even if she is breaking from inside. And that is Cabir's guilt factor. Perhaps he couldn't balance his brotherly duty and the complicated situation of Navya and his life. But now, when everything is almost sorted, it is necessary to tell Nandini everything. She should know that Manik is not entirely in fault. Maybe his way of reaction was completely wrong but still, they can't judge him. Cabir is determined to make Nandini understand this. So that she can try to forgive Manik. He knows that her every happiness lies with Manik and a broken heart only can be mend by salvageable love. Maybe he is thinking like a weak brother who is only concerned about his sister's happiness. Because right now, he can't think any other option than the reconcilement of two separated souls. Cabir comes down and asks the servants if anyone knows where Nandini is. However, no one can give any satisfactory answer. Being frustrated Cabir taps her number but thanks to the mobile companies, it remains unconnected. Suddenly an expectancy peeps in his mind. Perhaps Nandini has gone to her office. If so, it would be a great opportunity to get both Manik and Nandini face to face. It is necessary for her to vent out her anger, dejection and huff on Manik. He knows that even Manik wants her to lash out on him because this silence of hers is killing him too. Cabir comes out of Murthy Mansion and gets in his car. Today he has to sort out this matter from the root. His car speeds to ELYSIAN.