Chapter - 19 "I don't wanna make love to you..."

My cab stops in front of the gate. I look at my house. It is standing like a haunted place. As Navya is not here, all the lights inside the house are off making it silent and dark like an abundant abode. I step down from the car. I rented this house for two reasons. First, it is quite far from the main city so the rent is low. Or else I couldn't afford to rent a whole one storey house in an expensive city like Mumbai. Secondly, I wanted to keep Navya away from the hustle-bustle of the city. The less she meets people the less she gets disturbed. I slowly open the gate. The rusty hinges squeak. I saunter at the main door and try to insert the key in the lock hole. But due to the darkness, it seems difficult.

"Shit..."

I mouth in gall. Suddenly a mobile flashlight illuminates a certain place. I startle and flip immediately to locate the source.

"Open it...you can be shocked later. I am waiting outside like a thief for almost an hour. My legs are paining like hell."

I spot Nandini behind the bright flashlight. My forehead lines. This girl is crazier than me. Without arguing I open the door and switch on the light. Both squint when the bright light hits our eyes.

"Why did you come here?"

I ask while unloading my heavy laptop bag from my tired shoulder.

"Why didn't you pick up my call?"

She spurts out.

"So you came here to ask this?"

My tone is drenched with annoyance. Right now her presence is increasing my abhorrence towards the Murthy.

"I will follow you to the hell to get my answer."

She hostilely nears to me. I start unbuttoning my shirt and head to my bedroom. As usual, she starts following me with determined steps.

"I still didn't get my answer."

She stands in front of me. Her nose is flared and brows are crunched in irritation. I sigh and take off my shirt. Her eyes fall on my muscular chest and she steps back a bit with an uneasy face. If it had been some other time her expression would have turned on my sense of teasing. But now a deleterious and vindictive emotion bitters my mind. This girl is the beloved sister of that bastard. Suddenly some strings are torn in my mind. I forward my hand and grab her with her elbows. Within no second she dashes to my hard chest.

"What answer do you want....hmmmm? You came here to know the answer or to provoke me to raise more questions?"

I expected some discomfort and fear in her eyes. Instead, she meets my eyes with sheer confidence.

"If you have any question then I am ready to give the answer."

Her composed words stir my intention for a fraction of second.

"Don't fall for her words. It's a good opportunity to take the first step of your revenge."

My alert mind pushes my heart aside. I harden my jaws. Yes, this is the best situation to start my love game.

"You knew that Navya is not here at present. I stay here alone. Still, you came here to meet me at this time. You know I am attracted to you...even...even we love each other. Don't you think you are making the situation hard for me?"

I pat my back in my mind for my superb acting skill.

"Nandini, only you love me. I just want your trust...fully. So that I can break it...fully."

I mutter in my mind.

"So this is the reason for your annoyance. You are avoiding me because you are not being able to resist yourself for coming close to me. This is ridiculous, Manik. We both have accepted this relationship. My brother has accepted you then why is this hesitance? And for your that bullshit orthodox mindset that I shouldn't have come to meet you alone at this time, or else you can lose your control on your hormones; I want to remind you that we have already crossed our lines."