Chapter 18- "Love-hate game..."

"Where is the parcel that I brought in the morning? Get me that...quick."

I order the peon. He tilts his head sideward and leaves to get it.

" Nandini is joining tomorrow. Before that everything should be in their places."

I think aloud.

"Should be in their places or should be into the wrong places?"

My over-smart inner God smirks.

"Well, absolutely correct. Before she comes I have to place everything in their wrong places in such a way that she will never be able to arrange them in the right way. Nandini, I will make your business and your life such a mess that you won't be able to realise what the hell is going on. And when you will come to know it will be too late to rectify."

I mumble under my breath. A knock at the door breaks my train of thoughts. The peon enters with a square brown packet and keeps it on the table.

"Close the door and make sure no one can come to this conference room for at least 15 minutes. And make a strong black coffee for me after 15 minutes and keep it in my cabin. Now go.."

I instruct him and he leaves. I unpack the packet. The shop has done a good job. I like the colour of the frame. I fix my eyes at the picture.

"Cabir and Nandini's Ajja. Maybe the main antagonist of this drama. The main villain of my sister's life."

I scoff in my mind and meet his eyes. They are deep and sceptic. The clenched jawline is indicating that he used to be a tough nut to crack. His way of glance emotes a disdain to this world. Maybe he was way too proud of his blue blood and opulence. There is no resemblance with Cabir or Nandini. Both are humble and down to earth. Not like their grandfather.

"But it can be their facade. Don't forget this Cabir is the one who left no stone unturned to make your sister's life hell. She is still waiting for him and he doesn't even bother to know if she is alive or not."

My inner soul ignites the fire inside me once again. I grind my teeth and hang the photo-frame in its previous place.

"Your family started this game of love but I will write the epilogue of this story in my style. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. I believe in this philosophy, Mr Murthy. And I promise you, it will be fun to serve you all in the same way. After all, as you sow so you reap."

I utter with a scornful smile on my face. I come out of the conference room and head to Ayesha's desk. She is busy with her work.

"Ahem..."

I clear my throat to grab her attention and she gazes up with a bright smile. She never loses any chance in the try to impress me and right now I need her help. So I have to use my charm and effect on her.

"Ayesha, come to my cabin. Get all the floppies of new ventures and contract. I need to make a file of them. Ms Murthy is joining tomorrow. So we have to be prepared."

I sound professional but with a bit of affinity. Ayesha nods with a smile and gets up to bring the floppies from the storeroom. I turn on my heels but again look back. With a flirtatious grin, I play my card,

"By the way, you are looking gorgeous today."

Her eyes widen and jaws drop. I bite my lips and leave the place. My work is done.

...............................................

Mukti is minutely observing Navya while she is having her breakfast. For the last two days, Navya is with her. Mukti has found an uncanny change in her. Previously she used to remain silent as much as she could. But now she remains agitated. All the time she keeps on contemplating something. Mukti even tries to ask and the only answer she gets,

"Ajja saw me. He will kill me now."

Mukti asked Manik about this but he also didn't spill the bean. The only thing she has come to know that Manik has finally found the man who is responsible for all these shit. However, he didn't tell her the name. Mukti can whiff that Manik is up to something. But she hopes it won't create more complication. Her trance gets broken by Navya's abrupt words,

"Mukti...Ajja got my diary. Can you bring it back to me? I have so much to write in it. Can you get me the diary?"

Mukti scrunches her brows. This is the second time Navya has mentioned about her diary.

"Navu, I will definitely try to bring it back. But until you can use a new diary to write down. Do you want it? I have a beautiful diary for you."

Mukti knows that it can be a good opportunity to bring out her unsaid words. Navya tears a piece of bread and starts fidgeting with her fingers. After a few seconds' thoughts, she tilts her head sideward in positive. Mukti's face brightens in hope.

"Finish your food, I will be right back."

Mukti immediately gets up and approaches her room. She has some unused diaries. For now, one of them can be the way out. She decides not to tell anything to Manik right now. It's just an experiment. If Navya reacts positively, it will be a great success for her. Mukti pulls out a diary and comes out.

...............................................

After four hours of the rigorous task, I finally corrupt all the floppies. With a sigh, I recline on my chair.

"Now I have to make Nandini sign on these papers. I don't think it will be a tough task. After all, she is head over heels in love with me."

I sneer and take out a bunch of paper from the drawer. These are simple contract papers with different clients. All are pending for Nandini's signature. I flip the pages and stop to a particular one. My eyes spit venom. This paper is the key to Murthy's downfall. I skirt my eyes on the heading. "Power of Attorney." I again keep it amidst the other papers.

"Nandini, my love...you won't know when the earth will slip under your feet."

I keep it in my laptop bag. Just then my mobile rings.

"She really loves you. It's called telepathy."

My inner self tries to tease me. This girl.... No, she can't distract me from my goal. I cut the call.

"Manik, don't think about her. She is nothing but a ruthless Murthy. I can't fall for her innocent face. No...not again Murthy. This time you all have to pay back for all your sins. This time my mind will win over my heart."

I rebuke my inner self and open my system to divert my concentration. This girl really loves to torture me.

...............................................

I frown at my mobile screen and pout.

"How rude! He cut my call."

I glance at the wall clock. It's 5 pm. There is enough time for him to leave for his home. Suddenly a mind-blowing plan strikes my mind.

"Navya is not there. Will it be okay to go to his place without informing him?"

I question myself.

"Why not? Don't tell me you are afraid of being alone with him in his house. Come on...he is not a hungry lion."

I glare at my over-imaginative inner Goddess.

"No, he is not. But not less than that. I still remember our first kiss. He was almost chewing my lips."

I blush on my reminisce.

"But you love his dominating side. Don't you?"

My inner self nudges me.

"Yes...and no more debate on this. I am going to his place."

I utter and come out of my bungalow. Bhai is in his office. I will be back before he comes. I avoid my car and hire a cab. It seems like a secret convergence. I smile at my thought. The cab speeds to Manik's house.

Author's note: The lines in Italic and bold are the thoughts of the respective characters. Guys I am looking for your response in follow. Do it fast so that I can start my new Manan stories.🙏🙏🙏❤❤❤