Chapter 28 -"Last piece of the puzzle..."

Moment by moment my belief becomes firm that Ajja wanted to say something to me in his last hours. But the irony is that time I didn't concentrate on that. Because at that point I was more concerned about his recovery. Who knew that he will never come back home and his unsaid words will be burnt in his pyre? I closed my eyes in despondency. Bhai is not at home. He didn't tell me where is he going. Even I am not concerned at this moment. Because I need alone time to solve this mystery. I need to gather those missing links which can complete this puzzle. And for that, I have to visit and search those places where Ajja used to go. In our house, I have already searched his room and the storeroom and it became quite fruitful. Now, I have to go to Bhai's office. Today is the perfect day to search Ajja's cabin. Bhai is not there to question me. As soon as I thought about it, I get up to be ready. I have hardly enough time to complete my work. Within 5 minutes I change my clothes and come out to head to my destination. Since Ajja has expired, his cabin in Murthy Creations office remains closed. Bhai's cabin is juxtaposed with Ajja's room. My car enters the office premises. I park it in the parking area and give the key to the guard.

"Is Bhai in the office?"

Despite knowing I ask the guard to be sanguine about my undisturbed work. He wobbles in denial. I take a deep breath and step into the building. All the employees know me very well and they all acknowledge me with a nod and smile. I reciprocate with a formal smile and straight approach manager Aditya Advani's cabin. He gets up in respect. Without any linger, I come to the point.

"Mr Advani, I need the key of Ajja...I mean Mr Maniraj Murthy's cabin."

Mr Advani's forehead lines with curiosity but the determination of my eyes perhaps stops him to question me anything. Nodding his head in positive he pulls the drawer and takes out the keys. The last time I entered this cabin was the day when Bhai changed the sofa and the chairs of that room. Although no one goes inside that room nowadays, not even Bhai, he wanted to keep the room clean and well furnished. I lift the key from manager Advani's hand and turn to head to my destination.

"Ma'am, should I come?"

Aditya Advani shows his courtesy. I turn at him and pass a smile.

"No need. I know his room like the back of my hand. I can help myself."

Saying this I leave his room. The next few hours will be tough on me. I come to the closed door and with a quivering heart insert the key in the lock hole. A silent prayer peeks in my head,

"Please help me, God. It is needed for all. For Ajja too. He deserves to be heard...at least after his death."

I push the door and keep my shaky step inside the room.

...........................................

"What do you want to do, now, when everything has come under the daylight?"

I throw the question at Cabir. His jaws become hard. He turns at Navya and utters profoundly,

"I want to marry Navya. As soon as possible. This time I won't let the time play with our fate."

Somehow, I expected this answer from Cabir. I have already seen the decision in his eyes. Still, my sister's choice matters. I place my inquiring eyes at hers. She blinks a couple of times and bends her head. I know this reaction. Whenever she feels confused, she bends down her head and leaves the decision on me. I know she also wants to marry Cabir. At least she survived these two years only in this hope. But she is sceptic about my equation with Cabir. She thinks I have bad feelings for her love and she doesn't want to hurt me. I smile in my mind. My sister is still ready to sacrifice her love for her brother. Tears prick my eyes with affection and pride. In a firm tone, I declare,