Chapter 34 - "Their worlds..."

As my car stops in front of the office of ELYSIAN, the guard opens the car backside door. Though I never ride a chauffeur-driven car, mostly when I come to the office last night's crapulence didn't permit me to even grip the steering properly. I step out of the car and place my tottering feet on the ground. The guard immediately initiates to grab my biceps to steady my unstable body. However, I show my hand to refrain him. In the past 2 and a half years, everybody in this office has come to know that their boss is a sot. His days begin with alcohol and the nights end with those boozes too. I have become a shameless alcoholic and I don't want to hide it. The guard stops seeing my raised hand and steps back in an attentive posture. I turn at the chauffeur and order,

"Get my laptop bag inside and after that you can go. I will come by myself."

He nods and I approach the entrance. The main door guard, liftman and all the other staffs get alert as I step in. The reason is my changed rude and unpredictable behaviour. In these past years, I have not only become a drunkard but also a volatile and insolent person. People who were once got attracted to my charming and fun-loving personality, now avoid me. Even I want this too. The fewer people I have around, the less damage I will do to them. Before entering my cabin, I tell Aman to get the new project files. Nandini wanted me to take this company to the pinnacle of success and I have done exactly the same. After she left me and this company, I didn't look back and worked like a machine to reach that zenith of name, fame and success. Today ELYSIAN is one of the biggest, most reputed and richest companies in the architectural world. I broke many dreams of hers but I nourished this dream. The responsibility of fulfilling this dream is my ultimate goal and I will keep on chasing this till my last breath. I don't know where is she but I am sure she will be happy to see her dream is safe and successful in my hand. Aman knocks and enters with a bunch of files. I open my laptop and gesture him to sit.

"Sir, these project works are almost complete. We can inform our clients for a final visit and after that, if they won't have any request for changes, we can hand over the final charge, bills and other things."

Aman states, showing me some details. I take a quick glance and reply in a confident tone,

"They won't go for any changes. When ELYSIAN takes any work in its hand then it delivers the best result. Our clients are lucky enough to work with us. Finalise the bills and other procedure."

Aman tilts his head in positive and further gives some details about other works and upcoming contracts. I sign some of them and reject some. ELYSIAN only works with the best projects. There is no place for mediocracy in this company. This is my rule and principle. After all the works are done, Aman mouths with excitement,

"Sir, a foreign architectural company wants to work with us. Actually, they want our help to restore a heritage of their country."

My forehead crunches to hear his words. With perplexity, I ask,

"Foreign company? What's the name and why don't they take help from any other company that belongs to their country? Why are they interested in an Indian company?"

Aman rests his hands on the table and prepares himself to convince me.

"Because Sir, this heritage has a unison of Portuguese and Indian colonial architecture. They have seen and heard about the work which we did in that Goanese church. They need exactly the same work and for that reason, they thought to approach us. By the way, this is a Brazilian company. Its name is Decoración. Its head office is in Salvador."

Aman pauses for a while and adds,

"Sir, they want to talk to you and if you agree then they want you to visit Salvador with your team to survey the castle that they are going to restore. Sir, it's a government project so, I think we have a great opportunity. We should agree, Sir."