Chapter 3- "The kiss quotient..."

As I push the door of the conference room a masculine smell hits my nostrils. Manik Malhotra is sitting in the empty room. I look at him rather try to check him out. He is looking dapper in a well fitted faded blue jeans teaming up with a spotless milk-white shirt. More precisely he is looking amorous. I glance at my clothes. Oh God...unknowingly we are twining. Trying to divert my concentration I apologise to him for this unplanned and uninformed meeting. What to do? My work is like that only. We are to fulfil the demand of our whimsical clients at any time of our life. Manik tries to stand up in respect while I wave him to sit. Ayesha places my laptop on the table and inserts the Pendrive. Within a minute a video flashes on the Led screen.

"Mr Malhotra, this is a video of one of our clients' house. Now, she wants to change the entire upholstery of her home. However, she doesn't want to change her room colours."

I point out the wall colours.

"Hmmm.... Ms Murthy, it seems that this client is very vibrant in her life. I mean who chooses so dark colour for a bedroom. Her living room is no less than this. She has used almost all sheds in this room."

Manik opines while observing every detail minutely. I look at him. This man is blunt but honest. Just like I wanted.

"Mr Malhotra, we are not here to criticise people's aesthetic sense but to provide them with our best solution. We are here to execute their imagination, though they are weird."

Manik turns to me. A nonchalant smile creeps on his lips.

"Of course, I too think so. If every person had the aesthetic sense then might be your company would have run in the loss. Thanks to their weird choice. So what do I have to do?"

I look at him for a while.

"Is this his attitude which makes him more desirable?"

I again glare at my inner Goddess. She is behaving like a nymphomaniac.

"You have to suggest me the best way out. But you have very less time for this. Because by the second half of the office hour I will have to instruct my suppliers to deliver all the materials as she needs this by day after tomorrow. I know it's a very short time but this is not the first time I am facing this."

I shrug in acceptance.

"Okay, No problem...That means I have nearly 3 hours for this. Enough for me. I will get back to you when I am done."

He sounds confident. I sag in relief.

"Ayesha will help and assist you."

Saying this I turn to Ayesha and then only I notice that she is lost in her la la land. The poor girl is gawking at Manik. She is so engrossed in her work that she doesn't even hear my second call.

"AYESHA..."

I yell this time which startles her. Manik bites his lips clears that he is very much aware of his charm and how it affects others. Suddenly I feel a pang in my heart and my all annoyance diverts to Manik from Ayasha.

"Mr Malhotra...that I will get to know when you will be as good as your words. You know...action is louder than words and only words never impress me."

I don't know why I sound so rude. But I feel a weird kind of possessiveness towards this guy whom I know only for a few days.

Manik scrunches his eyes to grok when I storm out of the room.

...........................................

What happened to this mercurial girl? She was polite and cordial since she entered the room. Then why did she behave so rudely just a few seconds before her exit? My eyes itch with rage. I close them to control my temper.