Chapter 8 - "The magical words..."

As I open my eyes an adorable and smiling face welcome me with some soothing words.

"Good morning Nandi...it's 6 o'clock and if you want to spend the entire day with your brother then you have to leave the comfort of your bed and come with me."

Bhai says in a frolic tone. I make a face and pandiculate to show my unwillingness to follow his order. This is no weekend or holiday but both I and my big brother are in no hurry during this rush hour of the early morning.

"Bhai...I wanted you to take leave for a day so that we can spend some quality time but that doesn't mean you can spoil my morning sleep."

I frown and pout my lips. He is the only place of mine to throw these kinds of tantrums. Bhai affectionately pats my cheek and says,

"I spoilt your morning sleep or you planned to spoil my entire work for the day? It was your idea to take a leave...now when I have taken the leave I will not let you spend it like a sleepy sloth. Come...get up..we are going for a walk."

Bhai pulls my hand and keeps on pulling until I come out from the comforter and stand on the floor. He gestures towards the washroom and taps on his wristwatch. He and his torturing punctuality. With a grumpy face, I hit the washroom and as per his warning come out within a couple of minutes. It takes 15 minutes altogether for us to come out on the road. It is mid of November. Summer has gone long back but the winter has to wait to come.

"Bhai...what is the most important thing in our life?"

I abruptly question while trying to match his stride. Bhai put his hands inside his pockets seems he is preparing himself to answer.

"It depends on the situation and phase Nandi...in our childhood, playing, doing fun and simple things were the most important things in our life. But in present time they are replaced with more complicated things like responsibility, stability, opportunity etc.. etc...But one thing in common...we consider those things the most important which we priorities the most. Like in childhood you used to prioritise your payasam over your homework and now you are prioritizing my opinion for your decision over your professional commitments."

Bhai smiles at me and I return it back with a mortified grin.

"Come on Nandini, he is your super talented brother. You can't hide anything from him for a long time. And it's a good chance to discuss it. Go for it."

My inner Goddess encourages me. Bhai arches his brows at me waiting for the answer.

"Ummm...Bhai...I know you don't like to discuss this topic but I am in a dilemma and I am not being able to understand my feeling...There is a guy..."

I hesitantly start but Bhai interrupts me.

"Nandi, before you say anything let me tell you...don't judge and prognosticate your life and future on the basis of my life and experience...we live our life once...we love a person once. So if there is any chance...give it a chance."

I am looking at my brother with sheer love and respect. I know how much pain he continuously bears in his heart but still, he is ready to give a chance to love for his sister.

"Bhai, I love him but I fear the word love. It didn't do any good to us in past."

I say with a diffident voice.

"Nandi, I loved the wrong person...but that doesn't mean you will also remain unlucky in this emotion. I don't believe in love anymore but that doesn't mean love is not in other's life. They are lucky..I was not...and you could be... So why not give it a chance?"