Chapter 39 - "U-turn..."

I was leaning over the blueprint of The Sánchez mansion when my mobile ring breaks the silence.

"Hello..."

I unmindfully answer the call pressing it between my shoulder and ear as both hands of mine are occupied to draw the lines on a sheet.

"Hi, Nanz...we are back from our date. When will you come? Arya is also asking."

Soha's ever-enthusiastic voice comes from that side. I press the end of the pencil between my teeth and reply,

"Soha, ummmm..I am afraid I can't manage tonight to come over there. Can Arya drop Maan here?"

A brief silence lingers then again Soha's voice is heard,

"I have a better plan. Why don't you come over here tomorrow morning and have breakfast with us? Let Maan spend the night with us. Actually, he is sleeping and I don't think it would be wise to wake him up. You know how cranky he becomes after waking up in between his sweet sleep."

"But you don't have his casual dress. He can't sleep in formals."

I drop the pencil and reveal my concern. A soft giggle pours into my ears.

"Don't worry! I changed him into Arya's childhood night suit. Mom kept it carefully. He..he...you don't believe how cute he is looking. But I must say this little monster is way beyond stubborn. I had to convince and almost fight with him to make him agree to wear the dress. You can't believe what he said to me."

I chuckle and ask,

"What did he say?"

"I donth like filly dess. Gals wel thich.(I don't like frilly dress. Girls wear this) And you should have seen Arya's face. He...he...I could even imagine how did he look like in it."

I giggle out,

"Ha..ha..good, now we both got a weapon to tease him. But are you sure you can handle Maan for the entire night? He can be a storm some time."

"Yeah, very much sure. I can handle this little storm. Now, talk to your friend. For a long, he has been poking me to give the mobile to him."

She utters affectionately and perhaps gives the mobile to Aryamaan as in the next moment, his jubilant voice comes into life,

"Hi, Witch! What's up? Whose blood are you sucking right now?"

I roll my eyes and sit on the chair.

"Right now, this work is sucking my blood. As much as I am going deep into this project as much as it is turning into a challenge. Ufff...there are lots of work but I am enjoying it."

I sound delightful. He casually asks,

"And your company's that government project? You are supposed to manage the project, right. Some Indian company is also going to collaborate with your company. What's going on there?"

The mention of ELYSIAN makes my all nerves tensed. These two days are crucial for me. I carefully answer,

"I...I handed over that work to someone else. It's won't be easy for me to handle two important projects at a time. Mr Morrone agreed. Now, I can fully concentrate on this Sánchez mansion renovation."

"Hmmm...that's a wise decision. It's not good to stress your health. Okay, do your work and don't worry about buddy. He is sleeping with his girlfriend...ha...ha.. Good night. Take care. See you at the breakfast table."

He cuts the call and I again sit squarely to concentrate on the work. Maan is not here so I can work for long. I don't know how long I was engrossed in the work until a knock at my door breaks my trance. I glance at my wristwatch. My God, it's 12:30 am. As this place is in the outskirt of the city, the serenity and the silence of the surrounding is much more profound. Someone again knocks and this time a bit louder. Unwillingly I rise from the chair and head to the door.