Chapter 10 - "The perfect storm..."

Nanghata Falls Amboli

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind;

and therefore is winged cupid painted blind."

Manik says with dreamy eyes gazing at the alpenglow radiating from the mountain peaks against the gloomy sky. We have come to a resort in Amboli lies in the lap of Sahyadri hills. One of our clients wants to build a resort in this hill station and we have given the responsibility to make the plan of the building structure, it's exterior and interior design as well as all technological amenities so that it can be one of the best tourist resorts in this small hill station. In one word, right now our company Elysian is the master planner of this project. The spot where the resort will be built is very near to Nanghata Falls. I must say, the view from there is very lucrative for the nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts. This credit entirely goes to Manik because our procrastinator client put this responsibility too in our shoulder and Manik single-handedly handled it and chose this spot. The client as well as I am awestruck by his work. This boy has calibre even though he has a fickle mind. I chuckle in my mind and eye at his spellbound face.

"What forced you to become so poetic that you are reciting Shakespeare in this indolent dawn?"

I ask arching my brows. He replies without shifting his eyes from the horizon,

"The same thing which has forced you to use less common words like indolent and dawn instead of lazy and evening. This is the charm of this place. The scenic beauty makes you a poet. See, you also became a poetess."

He turns at me and winks with his evergreen smile. In order to save my blushes, I try to change the topic.

"Manik, I insisted you come with me though I know right now you should have been with Navya. But what can I do?...I was clueless about this big project as my company has never handled such project single-handedly. I know it could have been delayed for a couple of weeks but the client was not ready and I thought..."

I abruptly keep mum. I am genuinely feeling guilty. I know how Navya is important to Manik and leaving her in Mumbai with Mukti is not a very responsible step. He only agreed because I requested.

"Don't blame yourself. She will be alright in Mukti's house. She is more than a Dr to her. But let me know one thing...why have you brought that clingy Ayesha with us? I mean, you, me, Aman and Ruby were enough for this initial work. Are you trying to scare me with her so that I always seek your shelter to protect me?"

He again switches to his teasing frolic mood which I love the most in him. I also can't hold my tongue to pull his leg. Effect of the company.

"So you want to say that you are scared of Ayesha. The Manik Malhotra who portrays himself as a fearless free bird is actually has a heart of mouse who can't even handle a clingy girl? Shame on you."