Chapter 53- "An invitation..."

"CAPTHAN AMELICAAAAA....."

Maan reaches to his highest pitch as Aryamaan steps into the room. However, they find it empty. Maan looks at his buddy and pouts out,

"Capthan Amelica...No..no..."

His eyes brim with salty water. Aryamaan puts him down from his lap and roams his eyes all around. Manik is supposed to be discharged at night. Before that, where can he go? His mind clouds with different possibilities. Maan pulls his pant near his knees and utters in his babyish voice,

"Whal iz he? Manu mich him." (Where is he? Manu miss him)

Aryamaan looks at his disappointed face and replies in a funny tone,

"Your superhero can vanish too, Buddy. Maybe he went out to save a poor girl."

He winks at Maan but he folds his lower lip in despair. It looks like he is about to cry and it won't be any good for Aryamaan and this entire nursing home as well. Aryamaan immediately squats and levels his tiny friend's height.

"Okay, okay....don't cry. Let me find him out."

He places both hands on the ground and gets in a crawling position. Then he crawls towards the patient bed and bends his head sideward to peep under it.

"Captain America! Are you there? We are missing you."

He mouths in frolic. Having no one under the bed, he again crawls towards the curtain and removes them as he is searching for someone.

"Superhero! My buddy wants to meet you. Come to us."

He sounds playful. Maan is toddling behind him. His buddy's action makes him forget to cry temporarily. Rather he feels fun. Aryamaan looks at him and wobbles in denial with a pout. Then he reaches the dustbin and peeks inside.

"He is not here too."

He rolls his eyes at Maan and mouths in a comical manner. Maan frowns with a grumpy face. Till now, he has realised that his buddy is making fun out of the matter. Suddenly, his eyes fall on the closed door of the washroom. He rushes towards it with his waddling steps. He reaches the door and bangs on it. On the other hand, Aryamaan doesn't notice him and is still trailing on the ground. Suddenly, the washroom door opens and Manik comes out. Because of Maan's tiny frame, his first look falls on Aryamaan. Simultaneously, Aryamaan turns at him and their surprised eyes encounter.

"What happened? Why are you crawling?"

Manik's obvious enquiry comes out instantly. Aryamaan immediately rises from the floor and gives an embarrassing smile.

"No...nothing...I...I was....my phone...it dropped."

His excuse sounds lame even to him. Manik was about to ask something more but a tender voice attracts his attention to the below.

"I coth Capthan Amelica....Yehhhhhh..." (I caught Captain America...Yehhhhhh)

Maan giggles out while clapping in delight. The sight instantly brings a bright smile to Manik's face. He forgets every stress and tension which were bothering him a few minutes ago. He instantly flexes forward and lifts Maan in his lap.

"Champ! When have you come?"

He almost chides in excitement. Without answering, Maan pecks Manik's cheek and pastes himself to his chest. Manik encircles his tiny body. He feels a soothing touch in his bruised soul. Aryamaan was observing all this. His eyes shine with affection. Manik nears his bed and sits on it, having Maan in his lap.