Chapter 12

As I'm waiting for my husband to come back after talking to my mother, I sit on the couch, processing the fact that I might actually be pregnant again. I can't believe it...it feels too soon but if I am, I'm definitely keeping them, raising them happily. I just didn't want to do this again, not right now. Liam is breathing down our necks, we're trying to fight back in this dangerous game of chess. We move, he moves...I'm just so tired of this game and if I am really having a baby right now then I have to end this as soon as possible. I will not succumb to another stressful pregnancy that ends with me decaying in a bed.

"Hi my little snow flower. Elijah told me about what's going on. I'll do everything I can to help." I tap my head. We can have separate mind links with each other.

If you can, could you sneak me a pregnancy test?

Of course honey, I've got your back. I probably need one myself...

Aren't you two old?? I make a disgusted face just thinking about the fact that my parents are still slapping skin and could be popping me and Jru out a sibling. Elijah is most definitely wondering what we're talking about as he's staring at my expression.

We can reproduce for a long time, honey and live even longer so don't underestimate the power of the womb.

Eugh...please never say that again.

Alright, I'll get you your test my sweet snow flower.

Thank you, mom.

Of course. She comes over and kisses my head. "I love you dear."

"Love you too mom." She then heads outside to her and dad's luxurious car. I still don't get why he feels the need to buy the most expensive car when we run almost everywhere. I suppose for human runs we have to be some high end people to maintain our reputation as civilized beings. What a load of bullshit.

"Rowan. Good morning." Elijah waves to his brother as he approaches.

"Morning." The man is a bit rougher around the edges compared to Eli. He's slightly smaller, bearded, covered in scars, he's just like Elijah but only if Eli went through ten wars. They have the same eyes, the same floppy hair that I love, nearly the same voice. Eli's voice is a bit deeper. "That was something, Josilus...I'm still sorry I had to be the one to tell you but I just couldn't keep it from you."

"No, I thank you, Rowan. We wouldn't have known had you not told us." I stand up, patting his shoulder. "Care to join us for breakfast after we send Jade off?"

"Of course. I would love to." Now that all this is finally over, Rowan is comfortable talking with people more. They've still been wary of him because he was a rogue all these years and he doesn't exactly have the friendliest face but he's trying which I think is progress.

"We should probably handle that. That boy's sister is more than likely going to want to go with him."

"Probably...I'll make sure he has enough money for the both of them." Eli nods in agreement, holding my hands. "Come on, let's see them off." We go back to see Jade off. They've loaded all his belongings into the car...leaving him still in shackles. I feel conflicted about keeping them on but decide not to say anything. Jade looked truly dead inside...his sister stays beside him.

"You're going with him..?"

"Yeah...I'm not gonna leave him alone in that world...."

"Well...I'll give you money to start...enough to sustain you for some time but you're gonna need to be apart of society, get a job and things like that." Jade continues to ignore my words before opening his mouth.

"You took away the one thing that made me something in this world...you killed me...my blood is on your hands..."

"You're still here, Jade. Don't talk like that." Perri tries to talk him down.

"I'm nothing now, Perri...you have to find your own path."

"Stop talking like that Jade. We are in this together."

"Stay with the king...you'll be taken care of. I'm human now. I can coexist with you but i can't be your brother..."

"No, Jade- please! I just got you back!"

"I'm dead to you now...live like so..."

"I won't! Jade I am your sister! I need you..." she clings to him.

"No, you don't. You are all that's left of our werewolf bloodline. Find a mate and live happily...if you won't do it for yourself, at least do it for me."

"Please...don't make me do this..."

"It is my one wish...please just do this for me...live happy and comfortable. You couldn't depend on me forever. I put you in danger anyways..."

"It wasn't your fault..." she bites her lip, stifling her tears, "I'm going to do as you ask...only because it's you..." she hugs him tight. "I love you brother...I will never forget you..."

"I won't forget you sister...live happy, Perri..." she lets him go then watches as the guards take him away for the last time. I feel bad but I can let my emotions cloud my judgment. This is what had to be done to ensure the protection of my rule, my heirs.

"Let's head inside..." I tell Elijah once Jade is gone.

"Are you happy now?" The girl says as Elijah and I turn to go inside.

"Not in the slightest...it didn't bring me joy to do that to Jade. He was a friend to me and he was just using me. If he would've told me, I could've helped him from the beginning but he didn't and that is on him. He chose a route of darkness and betrayal..."

"It wasn't his fault! He was manipulated!"

"Trust me, Liam will get his time."

"What are you going to do? I know you're not gonna start a war when you have two newborns to think about." She is right about that. My babies' safety is my top priority

"I am working on a plan. I'm disabling Liam's plots against me as we speak."

"You couldn't even find out my brother was spying on you until someone told you! I know it was Elijah's brother that told you! You know nothing about what Liam has in store for you! You are a pathetic excuse of a king and you can't protect anyone, not even yourself from what's coming! No one can!"

"Come on, let's go..." Elijah ushers me back inside.

"You can't hide from him, Josilus! He is coming for you, all of you! This is just the beginning for him!" I grimace at the thought of all this as I try to drown the girl out, heading back inside. Something is brewing...I just don't know what it is yet.