Chapter 20

WHEN YOU SEE THIS ** THAT'S WHEN THINGS ARE GONNA GET NSFW, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

We didn't waste any time going back home. Micah had been found with his wife and 2 children. We needed to know he was alright. As soon as we got back to our home, I started looking for him, Amy in my arms, Lina in Elijah's. They can sense my worry so they start to get a little fussy. I have to calm them a few times before meeting with a guard. "Where's Micah?"

"Josi, Ross and I will take the girls while you handle this." My sister and her husband make her way over to us. I'm not really in the mood to listen to reason. I'm the reason Micah or his family might be hurt.

"No- I have to-"

"Let me take them and calm them down. I've got this." My sister grabs ahold of me so I can look at her and get my head back on straight.

"O-okay..." Elijah and I hand over the girls to Ross and Jru.

"He's in the infirmary," Ross tells us. That's all I need to hear before I beeline for the infirmary. Micah has a bandage or two on him but he mostly looks alright, he looks even more nervous than I do. He's sitting down with his two little ones but then I notice poor Aurora...she's unconscious on the table...her usually sparkling blonde head soaked in blood...she looks like she's in horrible shape. The doctor is in the middle of sewing her head back together when he looks at Elijah and I.

"What happened...?" Micah then looks over at us, his eyes were trained on his wife before. He understandably didn't want to take his eyes off her.

"Um...Liam had locked me up after I defied him for kidnapping your sister and Lina. He knew I knew something about the truth, about what really happened...he beat me for days but I wouldn't talk...today was the day I was planning to make my escape. Then he brought down Aurora and I froze...he even made my kids watch as he beat their mother and I was still stuck behind bars then just left her and my kids there...before I could get out, I thought she was dead...but I still felt her soul so I fought my way out of that cage. I picked her and my kids up and I ran all the way here."

"Micah...I'm so sorry...we'd sent scouts looking for you, hoping you were okay...I feel horrible for going out to spend time with Elijah and the girls while this happened...we were planning to attack Liam very soon and see if he had you hostage or worse but Elijah is still healing."

"It's not your fault, Josi. You never could've known what would happen. You did something. Had you not sent scouts, they never would've been able to help me carry my wife here. The kids didn't want to leave their mom after seeing her like that and your people offered to do anything they could to help us. Your pack is full of generous people with good hearts. They reflect you and how you treat them. They act as if you are here all the time and that is because you set a great example for them and all packs should follow your lead. You are king now after all."

"Thank you for saying that...we're gonna get you a place set up to sleep tonight. Are your kids doing alright?"

"They're okay for now...really shaken up. They're still shaking like leaves."

"I can get them a nice bath ready and help them relax."

"Maybe you should talk to them because they won't leave their mom's side and they sure won't listen to me."

"Well okay, I'll try." I walk over and kneel down in front of the two four year old boys who are basically hiding behind their father. They're terrified but still peeking at me. They know me but are still frightened. They may have thought Liam was a good guy until he beat their mother in front of them. "Boys, it's me, Uncle Josi. I know you're scared and you don't wanna leave mommy after she's been hurt but I wanna help you, okay?"