Chapter 10

As I enter the holding cells, an unsettling feeling washes over me...this is where Darius and I...where he took me against my sound will....impregnated me. I'm sick to my stomach at the feeling of being here.
"Josi, there you are." I look to Elijah, I'm trembling just being here. He takes notice and gets up to tend to me, taking my hands in his.

"Hey...are you alright being here?"

"I have to be. Where's Jade?" He looks at the titanium door and pulls out a set of skeleton keys, unlocking it. Inside, there's a glass wall, made from the most durable material known to the world. Jade is huddled in the corner of his space. There are two chairs on the other side of the room for us.

"You have a visitor, " Elijah says knocking on the glass. Jade looks up, seeing me, his expression saddens. Tears overflow his eyes.

"Josilus- I'm so sorry, I'm so, so sorry. " he sniffled, standing up quickly and approaching the glass. "You didn't deserve what I did...but I had no choice! That man...Liam...I couldn't say no...he would've killed my sister..."

"Your sister...he has her...? god that family is so fucking manipulative." I huff. "This has to end somewhere...we can't go on like this."

"Say the word. I'll do whatever you need, my love." Elijah says, cupping my cheek.

"I know you will..." I sigh, leaning into his touch.

"My sister, her name is Perri. She's a year younger than me. Many people think we're twins when they see us."

"Alright...I'll make a plan to get your sister back. But you have to play dumb until she's in our care, okay?"

"Okay...thank you King Josilus. I appreciate your mercy on me."

"I'm not done with you yet...but I will hold your punishment for now. I can't let this go without consequence. I have to make an example out of you and let the world know I cannot be defied. I may be a feminine king but I am not to be perceived as weak."

"I understand, your highness." Elijah looks at me, in awe almost. He's surprised to hear this from me.

"My husband and I have to go. We'll let you know when we have your sister."

"Wait, you're not telling me the plan?"

"Of course not. I still don't trust you Jade...you broke that by getting close to me then stabbing me in the back like this...no matter the circumstances."

"Would you not have done the same had it been your own sister...your daughters he took from you? And all he asked of you was to listen and report back to him every once in a while in exchange?"

"I can't say but I would try to find a compromise...another way."

"Noble of you...as always Josilus..." Jade sighs.

"Mhm...well get comfortable. You may be here a while."

"Fine...thank you."

"Mhm. Let's go Elijah." He holds my hand and we walk back out the room. Once we're back outside I sigh and look to my mate. "Man that was hard to do...looking him in the face after he betrayed me like that..."

"I know. I'm sorry, I should've been more thorough when I brought him here...I just hate finding kids out here alone like I was."

"It's not your fault. You never could've known, just like me. He's got a good heart, that I do believe but I'm still hurt."

"I know. From now on we'll do better." He kisses my head. "Have you...been feeling okay? I know that I didn't really-"

"Stop...Elijah," I interrupt him because I knew he was asking if I have gotten any symptoms of being pregnant again, "don't worry about that. If we have another, we'll have another and we will be happy. We might have a third baby but if the goddess wills, here and now then who am I to be upset by it."

"I know, I know," he sighs, "I just don't want all this stress to hurt you...even if you aren't I'm still doting on you like you are."

"I know and I love you for it...come, let's talk to our warriors and devise a plan, hm?"

"Right." He nods, holding my hand and walking to the grounds.