Chapter 16

Not long after, Elijah is back with the paper.
"Alright babe, the warrant has been filed and the Guard has been notified. All you have to do is sign." I look at the paper in his hand and hands it to me with a pen. Without hesitation, I sign it. Looking back up at him, I hand it back to him. "You'll handle this swiftly?"

"Of course, for all of our sakes, I want this over with."

"I know I can always count on you, my love." I nod, giving him a gentle kiss. He kisses back.

"I've got this." he tucks some of my hair behind my ear.
No
"I know you will...I love you."

"I love you too...I'll be back soon with Liam."he turns to leave but I hold his hand tightly.

"Please tell me I'm making the right decision..." I look at him with worried eyes.

"You're making the right decision." he cups my cheek with his free hand then looks to our baby girls in their cribs. They're just watching us, quietly.

"Daddy will be back soon girls, don't worry..." he tells them, going over to kiss their little heads.
"I love you both." He then leaves to handle the situation with Liam...this was exactly why I didn't want to be king but it seems like it found its way to being part of my life. I look to my daughters, going pick up the both of them.

"My sweet girls, I hope you never have to deal with as much as I do in your lifetime. Wanna go for a walk with me? Let's go for a walk." I set them down on the bed and shift to my wolf form and just as we've been training them to do, they shift to their wolf forms with me. Amy and Lina both have stark white fur but Lina has little light brown spots, almost like you'd see on a deer foal but the opposite. Both of them are so beautiful. I pick the both of them by their scruff so they don't hurt themselves trying to get down. I take them down the stairs and once we're outside, I set them down gently on their little paws. I keep a watchful eye on them but let them run a little farther ahead of me. They're still getting they're footing. In human form they're barely crawling. The people outside seem a little surprised to see me and the pups outside without Eli or some sort of security... I brush it off as I follow the little ones. Rowan sees us walking and makes his way over. He looks much like Elijah in his wolf form now that I'm seeing him in the daylight.

"Josilus, hey. What are you and the girls doing out here? Where's Eli?"

"Eli is handling some business for me. He'll be back soon."

"Oh...what kind of business?"

"Nothing I should be sharing with so many ears around me."

"Right...well why don't I walk with you?"

"Alright. Keep an eye on those two troublemakers, Mmk?"

"Yes sir." Rowan nods and walks with us. "So...when are you going to make the announcement?" I nearly choke on air.

"W...what announcement?"

"You know, after my brother and I found each other again, he's told me pretty much everything...I mean like, everything." I look to Rowan, a little shocked.

"L...Like what exactly?" I hesitantly ask him.

Rowan coughs, mumbling something.

"What?" He then does it again, I'm just barely able to hear it this time. "Rowan, what the-" he coughs a couple more times again, sliding the word in.

"Pregnant," he lets out a few more coughs before clearing his throat. "Jeez, I don't know what happened just there, I must've choked on a bug or something." He says sarcastically.

"How the hell...?"

"He told me...literally everything." He whispers to me, then looking at the girls. "Don't worry, I won't say anything. Keeping the family safe is what's more important to me." I'm still in complete and utter shock.