Chapter 29

The girls' birthday party is today. They're finally one years old. It's crazy how much has happened in a year. Now that I'm with my pack and the secret of my second pregnancy is public knowledge, everyone is treating me so nicely and wanting to rub my belly all the time even while I'm barely showing. My sister is about halfway through hers and they weren't this excited.

"Everyone please, you don't have to smother me like this," I complain.

"But Josi, we didn't get to share this joy with you last time! We need to savor every moment of it!" One of the women says.

"I get it, trust me but you guys don't need to spoil me. I'm just as happy as you are but I just would like normalcy. You don't have to treat me much differently."

"But we've already begun to form ideas for your baby shower, your highness!" One of the omega males chimes in and the group surrounding me nods.

"Oh god- okay no need for that. I don't even know if I want one." I shake my head.

"But you must! You didn't get to enjoy this time last time because of that mess with that guy. You need to enjoy every second and we are more than happy to celebrate with you!" The group chatters in agreement.

"Hey, they're my babies! I should decide what to do for them, alright?!" I snap a little bit and they grow quiet.

"Sorry, your highness..." they bow their heads as they've now realized they've taken it too far.

"I didn't mean to yell at you but I just want to take things easy. I appreciate all that you're trying to do, I really do. But I just want a.....zen pregnancy. No crazy parties or treatment I just want to live normally...at peace."

"Alright we understand." The male nods and the rest of the group follows, giving me my space. Once they all disperse, I sigh and look around. The children from many different packs are running around, happily playing and laughing. The rest of the pack is enjoying the food and music, talking and even enjoying games themselves. My eyes finally catch my husband with our daughters in his arms. He's just watching me with a soft smile. I can't help but blush and turn away. Was he watching this whole time? I look back to him and see Aurora and my sister take the babies off his hands. He thanks them and starts walking over. He's coming over here now?! He's planning something I can feel it. I shake my head and look away again. My cheeks flooded with pink moments before I feel his arms wrap around me from behind and him kissing my cheek.

"You're still this shy around me? We've been married over a year now and you can't stand me just staring at you without getting flustered." The sweet rumble of his voice reverberates against my back, causing a tremble to go down my spine.

"I can't help it...no one told you that you had to look at me like that..." I pout.

"No, but I just love looking at you. You're perfect. And I was also wondering when I could pry you away from the flock of worshipping omegas so I could show you my surprise."

"Surprise? Oh goddess, what now? My heart can't take this." I gently pat my chest over where my heart should be.

"Relax. Trust me, you'll enjoy the surprise I have for you."

"Ugh...okay, I trust you." I nod before he comes around to face me and talk my hand.

"Just follow me." I nod, squeezing his hand and following him inside the house. Everyone seems to be outside, It's extremely quiet in the house. He gets a text and peeks at it before I can read what it says. We walk all the way back to the front door and he opens it. To my surprise, it's the two girls I was kidnapped with all those years ago. The older sister is heavily pregnant with her own baby and accompanied by who I can only assume is her mate. He's dashing and tall, looking like a perfect fit for her. Her sister doesn't seem to be with anyone yet. If my memory serves me right, she's still only 17. She's just as happy to see me. The two of them step inside and hug me tight. They're both so happy to see me as I am to see them. I start to sob, overwhelmed with happiness.