Chapter 31

-4 Months Later-

After some long ours of labor yet a smoother birth than my first, my sons have arrived into this world. It's the wee hours of the morning and I am just enamored with my newborns. That hair...those perfect little snow colored wisps swirl on each of their heads. Much like the ode to my mother, I had to do one for Micah. He was always a good friend and ally. Elijah and I decided to name one of our boys Micah Valor Rune with Aurora's blessing. Elijah wanted to have a selfish moment and name one of our boys after himself. Elijah Hudson Rune. I plan to call him by Junior. Now I'm laying on the hospital bed with my one newborn baby in my arms. Elijah is sitting in the rocking chair, rocking back and fourth slowly with Micah on his chest. He's looking at his baby boy with such content.

"It feels like I'm becoming a dad for the first time all over again," he says softly, a smile on his face.

"They always seem like such tiny, fragile little things when you first hold them in your arms...you don't want to move them too much because you're afraid you might hurt them." I gently comb away Junior's little hairs out of his face with my fingers as gently as possible as I look back down at him.

"Yeah...they are the most precious little gifts. Should I tell Nathan to have our family come in and meet them?"

"Yes, the girls too if they can keep quiet," I chuckle a bit.

"Let's hope they can. I know Auntie Jru will give them a pep talk." He nods with a bit of a smirk just imagining the scene of Jru talking to our girls.

"Alright, I'll take little Micah, go ahead and look for Nathan." I tell him.

"Alright," he nods, standing up and carefully cradling the baby before placing him next to his brother in my arms and kissing my forehead. I smile up at him.

Always the doting husband, Brel comments.

As he should be. I reply to him. I watch him as he goes to fetch Nathan. I hear an audible manly yelp from my husband as he makes his way over to Nathan's curtain enclosed office which in turn is something I've never heard before and it's very funny to hear.

"Babe??" I snort before I call, wanting to get up and check on him. A few seconds later my husband is rushing back to me. I notice his face is beet red and he's looking extremely shocked. "Baby, what happened?"

"I-...hmm...I have no words..." he closes his eyes tight. "Goddess I wish I could unsee it..." I raise a brow in confusion.

"Unsee what?"

"I..." just then Nathan and....his nurse make their way over looking quite disheveled. Nathan doesn't even have his glasses on...and that's when I realize the other man is wearing them instead...and his neck is adored in an array of hickeys, as I can imagine were created by Nathan.

"My apologies for the...delay...I will go fetch your family." Nathan nods and quickly turns away to exit the infirmary. The Nurse avoids eye contact, inhaling as if to speak but he stops himself and makes his own quick exit. I've never seen Nathan so embarrassed.

"What...the hell...?" I barely mutter.

"I saw them..." Elijah admits.

"No..." I say, pitifully.

"Yes, with my own two eyes. I've never thought I'd ever see Nathan so.....lustful-" Elijah gags and covers his mouth. "Oh god...I'm visualizing it again..." he shakes his head.

"Oh honey," I tilt my head, trying not to laugh. "So Nathan is sleeping with his nurse. Perfectly understandable. I mean we can't help who we fall for, especially in a pack like ours with so much diversity, everyone is bound to find someone, even the mellow mannered, Nathan."