Erin

CHAPTER ONE

JUNE 2, 2019

"Babe!!!" Napamulat ng mata si Olivia nang marinig ang boses ng kapatid nya at kasunod niyon ang malakas na katok sa pinto ng kwarto nya. It took few seconds for her to realize she wasn't dead.
Nagreplay sa utak nya ang panaginip. Sino ang anghel na iyon? The strange thing was, she forgot the angel's face. Para bang biglang nabura sa ala-ala nya. But her heart pounded just the thought of her.

Napilitan syang bumangon nang narinig muli ang pagkatok ng kapatid. She stretched her arms before going off the bed. She noticed she was slightly shaking. Medyo rattled pa rin sya sa panaginip na iyon.

She opened the door and saw a beaming Pris outside holding a tray full of food. Looking at her sister was like looking at her own reflection. They looked like each other that a lot of people mistook them as twins. They had the same heart shape face, high nose, naturally kissable lips and prominent cleft chin. Even their tall height was the same.

Her sister's long wavy hair was mahogany colored while hers was jet black. Olivia preferred wearing dress while her sister was always on shirts, denim jeans and boots.

"I'm starving. Let's eat." Dire-diretsong pumasok sa loob ang kapatid at inilapag ang dala- dala nitong tray sa mesita ng sofa set ng kwarto nya.

Napatingin si Olivia sa wall clock. Alas dos na ng hapon. Ganun ba sya kapuyat kagabi? Late na kasing natapos ang awarding at hindi rin sya nakatulog kaagad. Inaya pa nyang uminom ng wine si Pris pag-uwi para antukin.

"Congratulations again, Babe," nakangiting sabi nito at niyakap sya nang mahigpit. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." Napangiti si Olivia lalo nang maalala ang parangal na natanggap kagabi as one of Asia's Heroes of Philanthropy. She was honored for donating millions to cancer patients, personally making sure the relief good were brought to those victims hit by typhoons, funding educational scholarships and supporting programs to end violence against women, including eradicating environmental problems.

Hindi lamang para sa kanya ang parangal na yun kundi para na rin sa The 11th Foundation at ang mga empleyado nyang tumutulong sa kanya.

Wearing her black satin halter top gown designed by fashion designer Miranda Elondres, she attended the ball last night with her mother. After giving an inspirational speech, they enjoyed the dinner and spent most of her time talking to Adrian Marcelo, another philanthropist and who also happened to be drop dead gorgeous.

He's one of the most eligible bachelors in the country. She always admired his environmental advocacies. Pareho silang dumadalo sa mga fund raising events, nakakapag-usap saglit ngunit hanggang doon lamang iyon.

Ito ang dahilan kung bakit late na syang nakauwi. Nauna ng umuwi ang Mommy nya at sumama syang uminom ng coffee sa lalaki para makapag-usap pa sila. His family owned a shipping company and worked as Vice President for Finance.

She enjoyed talking to him kaya naman umabot sila ng 3AM bago nila namalayan ang oras. He asked for her number and promised to call her.

"Ipakilala mo sakin yan para makilatis ko." Olivia was broken out of her reverie when she heard Pris' slightly husky voice. Nang tumingin sya sa kapatid, nakatitig ito sa kanya ng seryoso. She shot Pris a questioning look. "You were smiling. Do you have a secret boyfriend now?"

"Of course not!" Olivia felt herself blushed. Kilala na sya ng kapatid.

"Ayokong mapahamak ka, Babe," may pag-aalala sa boses na sabi ni Pris.

"I know." Hindi nya masisising mag-alala sa kanya ang kapatid. It's either she had bad taste in men or she was a jerk magnet. She had a psychotic ex-boyfriend during college who almost raped her. Thanks to her bestfriend, Rayanne, who smashed Olivia's newly purchased vase on his head and saved her just in time.