Chapter 19

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

The girls and I fell asleep after 1 in the morning. We did a little bit of crafts, talked, ate and then got through to season 2 of Friends. That was Jessica's idea.

I jolted awake when a cold chill climbed up my arms.

"Lia."

I opened my eyes to find Derek hovering over me. Not again. "What?" I whispered.

"Can't sleep."

"Ok... And?" I can sleep very well if he wasn't waking me up.

Derek yanked my cover away and scooped me up. He carried me out the bedroom while the girls slept and into his room. He tossed me onto his bed.

"Ouch! Seriously? I was sleeping!" I sat up.

Dragging his shirt over his head with one hand, he tossed me a wool blanket with the other.

I gasped, "What the hell is going on, Derek?"

Derek climbed in beside me then spread out the blanket so it covered us both. "Sleep, Lia." He laid down on his back and brought his arm behind his head.

Sleep? How could I? He's carried me off to his bedroom and he----he's wanting to sleep with me? I mean----in the same bed. I flushed scarlet, "Why am I here Derek?"

"Don't ask questions." Derek grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me into his embrace. He wrapped his arms around me so that I'm facing away from him.

He needed one of those huge teddy bears you see on commercials just before Valentine's Day.

I pried his arms off my waist. "You could have called Bianca." I sat upright in the bed.

"If she was here, I'd never sleep." He gazed at me warily.

"Like you actually want to sleep."

Derek raised an eyebrow, amused. "What else would we do?"

"Things that Jesus would totally not be okay with..." I blurted out.

 Derek started laughing at me alright. He was howling with his head thrown back and hands clutching his stomach.

"Shhh!" I hissed bringing my index finger to his lips. "Do you want someone to come find out that your trying to make a move on me?"

Derek stopped laughing and sat up too. "Didn't I say I'm tryin' to protect your virtue?"

"Protect my virtue by--- pushing me against a wall, nearly kissing me and oh yea trying to sleep in the same bed as me.? Your failing miserably, stupid."