Chapter 52

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

It's been a month since the surprise of my mom's pregnancy and Spellmans proposition. We're still in the dark about my mom's intentions with the baby and we haven't heard from her lawyer since the news broke out.

I'm trying to not to think about it much as it's only stressing me out more. We can't even discuss options if my mom is not willing to let us know what her plans are.

Derek hasn't brought up the bet anymore either. I think he's trying to handle it on his own but nothing has changed. I'm still upset that he would agree to it and seems like Spellman hasn't forgotten about it either.

From Spellman:

Still waitin' on your answer.

From Spellman:

What will it be?

From Spellman:

I wanna strip you naked, throw you on my bed and fuck you until you leave scratches on my back, and the sheets are soaked.

I wonder what---if anything---Derek has done to fix the situation. Sometimes I just think that I have to be the one to make the final call here.

From Kahlia:

I'm not interested whoring myself.

From Spellman:

I said what you'd be riskin'

From Kahlia:

You know nothing, stupid. Still not sleeping with you.

From Spellman:

Either I win or he does.

From Kahlia:

Neither

**

"Your quiet today." Sam gripped the top of my locker door as she peeked around it.

"I have a lot on my mind." I let out a sigh without looking at her.  I grabbed a notebook from my locker and pressed it against my chest. "I think I'm going through a mid-life crisis....So this is what reaching rock bottom feels like."

"Impossible, your not middle-aged."

I pried her hand from my locker door and then slammed it shut. "I feel like people are looking at me oddly... maybe I'm just paranoid but I'm getting weird vibes."

"I haven't heard anything and you know I would if people were talking about you."

The bet has got my brain all wonky.

I wish I could tell Sam and ask her what I should do. I didn't want to drag her into my mess.

She'd know about Teasers.

She'd know everything.

"I could ask Jess if your concerned but I don't think people are talking about you Lia.."

"No it's okay... You'd tell me if you did hear anything right?"

Sam knit her eyebrows together in concern. "We're best friends, Lia. I'd tell you everything."

I gave her a grateful smile then walked passed her without saying another word. I wish I could be the friend that could tell her everything.

**

"You! I need to talk to you." Sam pushed her way through the football players and over to Derek. "Something's happening."

"What is it, Sam?" Derek asked, crossing his arms seeming uninterested in front of his friends.

Sam rolled her eyes and grabbed a handful of his t-shirt. Derek's friends whistled as they left.

"What?"

Sam pulled her hand back and let out a deep sigh. "I know you care, cared about Kahlia at one point so I--I don't know what's going on with her but she didn't seem like herself when I talked to her today.. She said she thinks people are watching her. Some scary shit Derek and your family have taken her in so I just wanted to ask if you knew something."

"I saw her at breakfast, she seemed okay."

"She's not, Derek." Sam was genuinely concerned. "I know she is dealing with her mom stuff but she---I think she's doing drugs."

"She's not doing drugs, Sam."

"Then what's happening? She's distant and I'm supposedly her best friend."

"She's not in any trouble, believe that. I'll tell you one thing though and that is her mom is pregnant."