Chapter 10

>> Kahlia's mom Andrea

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

"The hard thing is, you try to help them but still you're the bad one." –unknown

"M---mom? Mom you can't be here."

"Shh sweetheart." I felt her cold, rough hands caress my face. "I took a little breather that is all."

Frowning, "And they let you?" What kind of detox centre lets out someone going through withdrawal? I thought there were supposed to be safe guards in place. Isn't safety detox centre's main priority? At least.... it should be.

My mom use to be beautiful. And no, that is not some extreme exaggeration. My mom would have been that one girl everyone wished to be in High school. Naturally beautiful —-a debutante—-a pageant girl with a heck of great genes. She was not born into wealth but began so successful in pageants that her parents were able to quit their jobs. Her success—-became their success, but she never once complained about being overworked. At least that's what she's told me over the years, unfortunately, I don't know her parents to ask them what it was really like back then.

She was compared in likeness to Jonbenet Ramsey.

Her hair light brown hair...

Her sky blue eyes.

Her defined cheek bones.

My mother was a natural beauty in every sense of the word.

Now with aging and excessive alcohol use, she's unrecognizable.

"I'll go right back after I leave here, I promise. I just had to see you my sweet girl." Her head pressed against my forehead and I smelt her breath.

Alcohol.

I pushed on her shoulders. "You've been drinking again, mom. I smell it."

"I haven't drank since I was brought to the centre." She insisted. "I'm taking this seriously." It's disappointing, how little self-control she has. It's disappointing that she's lying again.

"Lies." I hissed under my breath. I climbed out from underneath the covers and felt my way to the bedroom door. I felt the wall near the door for the light switch and turned the lights on. "You need to leave right now, mom. Don't think about coming back here till you're out of rehab and clean." I crossed my arms and gave her a stern look. I needed her to see that I mean what I say. I wasn't going to budge and make excuses for her anymore.

"Sweetheart," my mom stood up from the bed, "your dad reached out to me. He wants us back and says he'll meet us at the Pacific Central Station."