Chapter 5

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

"Wow." Hayden said with a huge smile. "Just. Wow."

"You think?" I laughed nervously, holding my silver clutch close to my chest. "I definitely didn't pick the dress."

Hayden stepped aside, "Come in. Everyone's here."

Oh boy.

Hayden pulled my hand through his arm and led me through the hallway into the living room. When we entered, there were two girls sitting on the couch and two posing in front of the camera. Mr. and Mrs. Palmer were the photographers for the night.

Hayden's mom looked just as I remembered her to be. Growing up, she never had her long dark brown hair cut shorter than shoulder length. Her hair color resembled Hayden's.

Mr. Palmer was always very soft-spoken. Course when he had something important to say he was the first one to speak his mind. He was stocky built then and is still very large built. Awhile back, he even shared with me how he was a valuable member of his high school wrestling team. Derek took after his dad in the appearance department. Mr. Palmer had the same light brown, almost dirty blonde color like his eldest son. Their chocolate eyes too were identical looking.

Handsome, through and through.

"Mom, Kahli's here."

Mrs. Palmer and her husband turned around and looked at me smiling. They both seemed genuinely happy to see me. I was happy to see them too.

Mrs. Palmer pushed the camera into her husband's chest and embraced me in a hug. She says with a bright smile, "Kahlia, my dear! You're grown up and so beautiful!"

"It's so good to see you," I said returning the hug.

"I can't believe it's been years since we've last seen you. How are you?" Mrs. Palmer took a step back and held my hands. "How's your mom?"

Growing up I never felt good lying to Mrs. Palmer. Even now my stomach cramps at the thought of lying to a generous, kind and loving person.

"We're good," I quickly said.

"I'm happy to hear." She said, rubbing the back of my hands with her thumb. Something about that was always so comforting when I was a kid.

"Kahlia." Bianca glowered, putting her hands on her hips. Looks like I interrupted her photo shoot. Or maybe she's just jealous Mrs. Palmer stopped what she was doing to talk to me.

"Bianca," I said, my chin lifting slightly. "I love the dress." I liked the parts of the dress that covered her.

"It's perfect on me." She smoothed her dress down. "The beading on your dress is cool" I wasn't sure whether that was a compliment or secretly an insult.