Chapter 26

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

After the movie finished, Derek was eager to leave. I couldn't help Jess clean the kitchen which I had planned to do. I needed to show some appreciation since Derek and Sam spent most of the meal commenting on how much greater pizza is.

"The movie wasn't that bad was it?" I asked him as we walked into his house. It is a romance movie and there were some cheesy parts but it is one of those recognizable films. If you ask someone who Nicholas Sparks is the first thing they say is The Notebook. Then if you ask them what is the greatest love story if not the titanic movie, they say Notebook.

"I figured if we stayed longer, Sam would make us watch some other chick movie. "

"Oh definitely." I said. "Next one would have been A Walk To Remember."

"That's why we left." Derek closed the door behind me and turned the lock. "Night is still young; however, let's talk."

"Tomorrow." I took off my shoes and put it nicely on the rack. I need some time to write up a speech so next time I don't come off like a bitch.

"Now, Lia."

"Your family is home." I shook my head as a warning. "Now is not the time."

"We can talk in your room."

I didn't want to talk. Not in my room or in a bathroom stall. Not through a window or secret doors. "Can't."

"Do I have to remind you that you were the one pissed at me for doing what YOU wanted." His jaw clenched. "I was doin' what you wanted, Lia."

"I didn't want your family to suspect something was wrong."

"Then you tell me nothin' can happen cuz you'll get sent away. What do you want, Lia?"

"I want you to be quiet and go sleep." I pushed his shoulder. "Everyone's asleep." Everything is so confusing. I can be honest with Derek and say that if I wasn't a foster kid I'd be open to date him. I would be okay with it if that was the case. Realistically it can't happen. Not until I'm living elsewhere. Maybe then.

"Do I listen?" Derek lifted my chin and brought our lips together. Hands gripped both sides of my face and his lips softly teased mine.

I was lost to him.

His tongue probed against my lips and he pushed forward , stroking it against mine. Without breaking the kiss, he guided me backwards until my back pressed against the wall. He's got my hands over my head and I'm pinned.

I moaned into his mouth.

"What if we keep this between us?" He said between kisses.