Chapter 45

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

"Do not confuse a broken person for an evil person. A broken person can be fixed an evil person cannot. An evil person causes pain, they hurt others. They deliberately cause chaos. A broken person would never do any of those things because they know how it feels to be on the other side of those actions. Don't confuse someone who can be saved with someone they you will need to be saved from." -unknown

I ran a cloth under the warm tap water and wrung it with my hands. "Mom, look at yourself. You're a mess." I turned off the tap and brought the damp cloth over to her as she laid on the couch. I laid the cloth on her forehead and sat by her head. "You cant be with another alcoholic. Your encouraging eachother to drink more and more and that is not building a relationship on love and trust."

" I---I love him. I r---really do. She slurred her words. "He makes me happy." My mom placed her hand on her heart. "It f--feels so good."

The warm feeling she has in her chest is not love, it's because of the alcohol. " You can't love him, mom, when you love the bottle more."

"No." She said adamantly. "Mark, he--he's the one."

Mark

Kyle

James

Everyday there's a new, "the one."

"You--you're father didn't want me. I just w--want someone."

"Mark may love you in his own way but he is incapable of loving you the way you need." The bottle will always win. "I need you to first love yourself again before you toss in another guy in your life."

My mom pushed the wet cloth from her forehead and flipped onto her side, facing away from me. She buried her face into the couch.

"Mom," I put my hand on her shoulder, shaking her. "Come on, mom. I don't want to get a call at school one day saying your dead." 

I want her to be okay again.

**

After my appointment I texted Sam to say I would be heading over. I wanted to avoid the Palmer's questions about the appointment for awhile. They would know something was up the minute I walked through the front door. My facial expressions are a dead give away.