Chapter 51

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

Dressing up to go see a movie seemed like an awful idea at first. I knew that with a wig, oversized glasses and a colorful dress I couldn't see how people would buy the whole grandma act.  I still had the baby face.

I put on bright purple eye shadow on my eyelids and drew some wrinkles with a brown lip liner.

I wanted to look as convincing as possible.

I settled on a rainbow colored dress with ruffles and wore a white knitted shawl over top. I had black socks on with sensible grey runners that had Velcro straps.  They were surprisingly comfy and a lot quicker to put on. For a moment I actually considered how much time I would be saving in the day by replacing laces with Velcro straps.

I put glasses on with tiny circular frames and earrings that resembled broaches.

"Edna is a good name right?" I asked stepping out of the bathroom.

"Eugene it is." Derek had a blue dress shirt tucked into green suspenders. He had a black bow-tie, thick bifocal glasses and green socks with moccasin-like shoes. He had a grey comb-over wig on.

Derek and I found it hard to keep a straight face when we had employees all over us trying to be helpful. They even went out of their way to blend our popcorn as Eugene told them I had a tendency to choke.

I got back at him by telling the employees that my ailing husband needed a seat cover unless they want stains from--various causes--to ruin their movie seats. They found seat covers pretty quick.

This had to be the most fun I had in a really long time. There was no pressure and we could be anyone we wanted to be.

I was Edna Judith Simpson. I was a retired school teacher who had 6 children. My favorite activities were singing in a 60 plus elders choir and writing harlequin romance novels. My best seller was called, "Oh no, a puny man."

Eugene Simpson Jr was a retired high school football coach.  I might have suggested that Derek should include in his character profile that Eugene once was a well respected sperm donner but he put up a good fight against the idea.

I leaned into Derek and whispered in his ear, "Wasn't there a GhostBusters movie years ago?"

"Yea, this one is newer."

I wanted to watch that movie with the animals but since Derek planned this out I figured he should be the one to pick what he wanted to see.