Chapter 53

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

"You told her my mom is pregnant!"  I protested, outside of Teasers. Derek sent me a text while at work to meet him outside in the back parking lot.

Big Steve decided today's theme at Teasers would be beer.  I got to wear the more modest outfit compared to some of the other girls who had to wear a full fishnet suit with dangling beer cans all over.  Unfortunately for me Big Steve still wanted me to look 'appealing' so I give you beer girl!  I wore a off-the-shoulder white top with a ruffled neckline, a short blue skirt and attached embroidered suspenders.

"She thought you were on drugs "

"Derek! You shouldn't have said anything. So be it if she thought I was on drugs."

"I thought it was better then her thinkin' you were strung up on drugs." Derek took off his black jacket  and slipped it over my shoulders.

"You've made things worse."   I say my voice  getting louder to match my frustration. " Sam is a very curious person. She's---like a crow, okay. She sees something shiny or in this case a secret and then she wants to know why it was a secret in the first place." This is why Sam is always the first person to know scandals that happen at school. She doesn't stop  asking questions till she knows every detail.  "It will go way beyond her knowing about my moms pregnancy. Next thing you know she'll know about the bet and all about my past too."

"I'm sorry," he started.  "I thought I was helpin'"

Maybe a little too much.  I could be worried for nothing but then again I know Sam. I know how very passionate she can be. Even I couldn't stop her from convincing me that I had to bring those condoms from the brown bag with me to the dance.  I am her best friend and I still couldn't stop her.

I'm doomed.

**

After school as I'm about to pick through the textbooks I need to take home, Jacob Spellman walked up to me.

"I have somethin' that belongs to you."

"What could you possibly have that belongs to me, creep?" I stuffed my books into my backpack and zipped up the zipper. I don't hang out with him for him to even have something that's mine.

Jacob reached into his back jean pocket and unfolded a piece of paper. He held the paper up long enough to read the first few words scrawled out on the top of the paper.

Kahlia Reinhart's case file #1005