Chapter 9

CAMILA

It was already the lunch time so I turned towards Ryan to call him but saw him working intently on his laptop.
Man !! I want to gulp this guy right now. Such a wonderful piece of art by God. Sometimes I wonder if he is real. That sharp jawline, stormy eyes, those silky strands of hair falling on his forehead. He has got the looks of a Greek God !! I wish I could spend some more times with him, though I spend a lot of time with him that too sitting near him. Still I want to know him more, I want to be a part of his life be
Mrs. Knig- Ohoooo !! Shut up Cam just Shut up. Why in the world do you think he will like you, look at you neither have you got the looks of a model nor you have that body or the brain of Einstein !!!. You are an average looking girl who just leads a very simple life but it's not that you have got lots of money to lead a fancy lifestyle. You should probably ask him for a meeting at a coffee shop or invite him for dinner. No no drop it, you would look too desperate, but you will do it out of just a friendly gesture so it will be upto him how he will take it and it's not as if you care about what he will think of you. Be yourself.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my stomach make that ''I am hungry'' sound so I quickly called Ryan and we both went to the cafeteria for lunch. I took a seat next to Stella and Josh said, ''So Mr. Matchmaker, what have you thought ?? Decided to step back ??''

Ryan said with a smirk, ''You think I will step back ?? You know me very well Mr. Parker. I am not one of those who ever step back.''

From where does he gets so much of confidence !!The way he walks, talks, sits all reflect so much of confidence !! He should have been the CEO. Whatever !!

Stella said, ''Okay okay, so when she is going on a date ?? You should go on Sunday, today is Tuesday you still have time to find a guy and Sunday is a holiday too !!''

Erica said nodding, ''Yes she's right.''

Isaac took a bite of his burger and said, ''Be wise with your choice. I hope she gets a boyfriend of her dreams. It sounds pretty exciting.''

At that Stella made a dreamy face and said, ''I wonder when I will get my dreamboy or I will have to die virgin !!''

Isaac's face turned red and he excused himself. I can understand he likes Stella. He looked so cute with that face. Haha.
Ryan and Ian let out a chuckle looking at that scenario of Isaac. Poor him.
Ian said, ''So decided ?? She is going on the date this Sunday with a the guy chosen by Ryan.''

Ryan nodded his head and Josh mumbled an Okay. When Stella said excitedly, ''Me and Erica will help you get ready it will be so much fun.''

Erica said, ''Let's go shopping tomorrow after the office.'' Stella and me agreed and that was all about the lunch. I have to go shopping to get something decent to wear on a date. I barely have any nice dress other than office wears and casual wears.

Ryan and I resumed our work when I went to the shelf to get a file. It was on the top rack and my hand wouldn't reach so far hence I decided to take the help of a stool to get it.
Looking at what I was doing Ryan insisted for help, ''Hey hey.. What are you doing ?? Your hand wouldn't go up there and you might fall if you get that stool. I will do it I wouldn't even need the stool for that. '' he said and stood next to me.
I was determined to do that myself so I told him, ''It's okay Ryan I can do that. '' Before he could say anything I climbed the stool and that's when I lost my balance and was going to fall done. I expected my bum to hit the hard ground and of course it would be painful but then, a two very strong arm circled around my waist and shoulder !!

It was Ryan. Of course. As soon as we got that eye contact none of us wanted to break it. None of us. My hearted stopped. His warm, minty breath touching my face. We were so close. Internally I was shivering by his touch but every inch of my body was numb. It was indeed a moment but then I realized what I was doing. It's my office and both of us will not be appreciated if someone saw us like this.
I mumbled, ''I am okay. you can put me down now.'' I didn't wanted to get off his arms !! But still...

He gently put me down and I clutched his shoulder to regain my balance and under my touch his whole body shivered.

*************************************

I hope you guys liked the chapter. It was of course a moment for Ryan and Camila.
It's the first romantic scene of this book.
Do vote if you liked the chapter and the last romantic scene.

I will be back soon with the next chapter.
-Love Yaa...