Chapter 18

ERICA

Today is the day. I thought as I sat up on my bed looking at the picture of mine and Josh's. 
This is happening !! I am not in my La la land, I am not dreaming. This is reality!! I am getting married today.

Josh proposed me for marriage and I said yes. Of course I had to. I have always dreamt of marrying him. I remember how we both never used to get along. If then anybody would have said I will one day start a new life with Josh I would have probably laughed at his or her face.

Our love story is that typical haters to lovers kind yet with a huge twist. Yes, it's not like we know each other for a few months but we have known each other for years....Unknowingly....

Long story short, when I was in highschool  had a neighbour Brent Brown he had a cousin from his mother's side, Josh Parker.
Brent was my friend and sometimes Josh used to visit Brent so I knew a few things about him. Brent and I were in the same school but Josh had a different one and used to live far from my place. The last time I saw him was on the last day of my first year of highschool when Josh had came to Brent's place for a sleepover, even though I wasn't invited still I had seen him from my room's window and we both had waved to eachother. I never thought it will be our last wave. After that Brent's parents separated and he moved out with his mother. After my highschool I also moved to New York for my studies.

During my college days I met a guy online. It was fun talking to him. We used to talk all day long but we had this agreement of never sharing details of names and place. Okay I didn't thought it was safe to share my details like that and I wasn't even comfortable doing that. I used to tell him everything each and every part of my life even the ridiculous facts because I knew we would never meet. I wouldn't care if he jugded me it never mattered to me if anybody ever judged me. Mine was a fake account his was a fake account. We were each other's 'agony aunts' and that's it.

After I got my degree from collage, I came back to Paris and got a job at Smith and Co. and there I met Josh Parker again. There was no way I could recognise him....he had changed so much, like completely changed even his nature had changed atleast I thought so then. 

I was recruited in the HR department. On the first day I met Stella and the Willam Twins who were already working for a year now at Smith and Co. It was my first day and I was sitting in the cafeteria talking to my friends when I went to get a cup of coffee and collided with a wall, sorry Josh and he spilled his coffee on my brand new shirt. This was my first encounter with him in so many years. I couldn't recognize him. He was now 6 feet tall, had a stumble, taned skin and brown hair with blue eyes. The Highschool Josh always had a smile on his face, had no stumble and there was just cuteness on his face, his hair also used to be a little longer those days. He was there with an extremely handsome guy and that was Ryan. During my teenage days with Josh and Brent, Josh used to talk a lot about his bestfriend. I couldn't remember his bestfriend's name after so many years.
Right then I was more concerned about my ruined shirt being an arrogant ass he said, "Don't you have eyes" and left. At that moment I knew that I hated this guy. I instantly decided not to ever talk to this guy again. 

After a few days he ruined my presentation by asking silly questions, made fun of me, mimicked me. I had to bear him all the time because he was the clown of our group and they both, Ryan and Josh became really good friends with the other three. I at last filed a complain against him. Which didn't go really well, it was just a small one but we were not in good terms after that for a few days. When I came to know his name for once my mind went to that Josh whom I knew...
I for the first time though of that Josh in so many years.

My internet friend came really handy at that time and I spoke my heart to him. The next moment what I came to know, hit me so hard that even after so much time has passed after that incident, when I think of it I get goosebumps.
He said, "Hey Josh here, nice to meet you Ms. Madface"

WHAT !! THIS WAS JOSH ?? He was my internet friend all this time ? Josh Parker was with me. All this time. He knew that I got a job but didn't knew where. He knew name started with 'E' but didn't knew what it was. He knew I lived in France but didn't knew where. I knew that I feel a connection but didn't knew why...

We talked for 4 hours that day on call. I knew that he liked me from his texts as my internet friend I didn't had much feelings for him though. I never liked Josh from my office as I never tried to know him but I like this guy because I tried to understand him. Never judge anyone too easily. I learned this that day. Josh hadn't changed even a bit. He didn't act fake as my internet friend but when it came to the office he somehow didn't like me. 

Next whatever happened was planned by Ryan. He advised Josh to talk to me more knowing that he likes me and our flashback too. He also told him to ask me on a date, propose me, impress me. EVERYTHING!!

At last he asked me on a date and proposed me, I said yes and it was done.
Abrupt right ? I know....

Today I will be walking down the aisle holding Dad's arm. I don't know how to feel. Stella is my maid of honor and Ryan of course is the best man. The twins are the groomsmen. Camila and my few office friends are bridesmaid. Camila is handling all the arrangements so I choose Stella as maid of honor otherwise Camila would have been burdened.

I am all ready now. Looking at my white mermaid dress I feel so happy, embedded with perals I do look like a mermaid.  Stunning is this. Of course my Dad had tears of joy in this eyes. Mom choose this dress for me at the shop. I loved it the moment I saw it.
All things happened very fast. I wasn't even able to know. I didn't realise. Now I was walking down the aisle, now I was taking the vows and looking into the loving eyes of Josh, now I was kissing him and I AM MARRIED...!!

This abruptness wasn't bad. It was a good feeling of being able to stay with my love forever....

JOSH

The day I proposed Erica I knew that I wanted to marry her. She was always a part of my heart but today she will officially become a part of my family. My Mom already loves her, I am the only child of my parents but when they came to know about me marrying Erica they were both very happy. It seemed as if they also knew that she was the one. Erica when first met my Mom and Dad she instantly felt comfortable. Sure she knew them a little but hadn't talked to them for years. My father always liked her, he thought she was a smart girl. After Brent's parents got separated I never got to see Erica and now I barely visit Brent. He works a Manager in some hotel in Columbia. I had forgotten all about Erica and never thought of her untill I actually confronted her as the collegue she hated over internet. Ryan played a huge part in our love story. Sure he did....We never used to get along well at first but now I love her...I lover her a lot...I wish myself and Erica...A Happy Married Life..

                                                       ***************************************

Heyy guys this was a chapter about Erish.
I hope you like it. Comment down below about what you think of their lovestory.
Like and stay tuned for the next chapter.
-Love Yaa