Chapter 2 (EDITED)

RYAN

Hello! I am Ryan Knight. I have a close-knit family. My younger sister, Mom, Dad and Me, That's it. I work as a Business Analysts in the Smith and co. and today a newbie is going to join me in my job. My younger sister Catherine is in the third year of her high school, my Dad works as a Pediatrician in the local hospital and my mother is a high school teacher. Well, pretty busy family.

As usual. I am late to work but what should I do? I told Mom that I have to get an apartment for myself near my office as it is far from home. Mom will be Mom. She refuses to send me away.

What am I ?? A 5-year-old. I can live alone but who is going to make my mother understand the same. Sometimes its annoying that she still  treats me like a child but again, she is my mother, and isn't it obvious that she cares for me. Her too much care at times can be niggling yet I will find my way out of this. Like I always do.

I entered the office and was going towards my cubicle when I saw her.

A girl of my age with sparkling green eyes, long black hair, staring towards me. She is so damn pretty. Every feature of her face screams innocence, unlike other girls she is not looking at me like a predator but it seems that she likes what she is looking at. No wonder why, I am handsome.

I swiftly walk through the corridor as I saw Alex standing right next to her, he looked bothered. He said, ''Man! You are again late? Seriously? You are late for the umpteenth time this month. Get yourself an apartment near the office soon. If Dad comes to know that you are always late I am dead and the same goes for you. He is still the owner of this company ''

I said "Chillax. I will soon get one don't worry I am trying my best to convince Mom.''

''Fine. Well, this is Ms. Camila Walker the new recruit. You both will be working together and you will be telling her regarding the work until she is aware of all the things properly.''

''Yes, Boss'' I said in a funny manner to which he replied rolling his eyes and left.

Just me and her now.....

We both took our seats and I said, "Good Morning Beautiful. I am Ryan Knight. We can start from tomorrow properly as today is your first day. Know people, know the building and make friends.

''Yeah, But wouldn't Alex mind...I mean-''

''No Of course not. He is a very pleasant guy. He treats everyone equally and just like his friends that's why everyone likes him. You don't have to be afraid of him.''

''That's comforting to know.''

''So, let's get a nice tour of the office ??''

''Yeah Sure.''

*****************************************************

I am back with a new chapter. I hope you guys like it.
Comment below about what you think about Ryan and Camila.

I kept my promise of updating regularly and I will finish the book soon.

See you next time with another chapter.
-Love Yaa