Chapter 8

RYAN

The next day I woke up with the only thought in my mind and that was how will I face Camila today. It will a be a little awkward. Why that stupid Josh had to poke his nose in every matter. If he would have shut his mouth yesterday night then I wouldn't have been in such a big trouble. As I had said, ''Best Friends are jerks.'' I have an urge to punch his face right now !! I could have easily befriended Camila and then proposed her after I had known her properly. I could have impresses her but no that didn't happen.

I pushed aside all the thoughts. I don't want to be late today I have already woken up late so I hurriedly took a shower, put on my clothes and went downstairs to have breakfast. I mean I literally had to grab the sandwich and run towards my car to avoid several circumstances,
1. I don't want to answer any questions asked my Mom about yesterday night.
2. I don't want to get late.
3. I can't say 'NO' to Cathy if she requests me to drop her to the school and if I do that I will be so late that I won't be able to show my face to Alex.

Anyways, I started my car and it roared to life. Finally I arrived to the Smith and Co. building. I was 20mins late !!! I am dead. I fastened my pace and rushed towards my cubicle and of course I saw a very angry Alex. If glares could kill I would have been crushed under his stare right now. Still not losing my confidence I occupied my seat and looked at Alex and said, ''What ??'' as if nothing had happened.

Alex said, ''You are freaking late AGAIN !! and you ask me what. Are you our of your mind ??''

I said, ''We went to Stella's house yesterday for a movie night so I couldn't get up early.''

Alex said ''Whatever, well Camila is also late today on her second day of job. Not expected.''
I knew that she had to be late. What happened yesterday was very...I don't know what to name that situation but it was something both of us didn't like.

''Look, it's okay just leave it don't say anything to her for coming late. She had also joined us yesterday night.''

He raised his brow and said, ''Oh yeah ?? Someone's turning very caring towards someone. I see.''

''Shut up man !! It's nothing like that it was just a normal request, she is a very sincere girl and I am confident that she wouldn't do that again.''

''Fine. Whatever let's you have a good night sleep. I won't say anything to her and I agree that she is a sincere person and serious about her work but to be honest coming late of the 2nd day of work is very disappointing and obviously will not create a nice impression on your boss and apparently the boss is me somehow I have pretty awesome understanding skills and I am very empathetic toward my employees so I won't give her an earful.''

''You are done praising yourself so that I can start my work ?? How the hell can someone eat one's head in the very starting of the day !! You have turned into a zombie with a brain though you don't use it.''

''Bye Ryan'' He said rolling his eyes.

''Bye Alex.'' Saying that I went to work and after few minutes I heard clicking of heels at once I knew it was Mrs. Knight. Oh stop being so childish. You sound like a creep right now. Okay okay. Cool.....
Ryan, listen today your goal is to learn something about her life at least something !! Oh oh she is here. Calm calm maintain your composure.
She smiled and said, ''You are here ?? I think you aren't late today but surely I am.'' She said with a bit of sadness of her face. ''Will I get a earful from Alex now ?? It's the second day of my very first job and look at the hopeless me I am late of course he will be very disappointed with me.''

I looked at her and said with a sigh, ''No I was late today as always and Alex is not angry at you don't worry. Chillax.''

''Really ?? Well that's a great thing. Let's start with our work.'' Saying that she occupied he seat and started working intently.

Ryan you have to know her more. You should play 71 questions with her like that she will be able to know you and you will also know about her. It's a fun game. I also wanted her to ask about yesterday night. I will somehow manage to ask her. I hope she will not mind answering because I want to know though she has all the rights to completely ignore me I am the one responsible for creating this unnecessary trouble in her life.

I asked her after a while, ''Umm would you mind if I ask you something about yesterday's night ?''

She said with a weak smile on her face, ''Oh yeah that's okay. Go ahead.''

''You don't have to get into all this it's fine if you don't want yourself in this fuss created by me and that asshole Josh. He was just being himself it was all supposed to be very different but he dragged you in all this. I am so sorry. You can step back now. It's all fine trust me.''

''No Ryan. It's all okay. Everyone wanted to go on with that bet and it's not something really harmful for anyone. It's all about a going on a date. I have never gone on a date with anyone before so I hope you will be wise with you choices and give me a ride in the car when you win.''

I was so amazed with what she said. She actually isn't mad with any of us even when I am the person for whom she got into this.
I said with a wide grin. ''Yes of course. I owe you the first ride but you just make sure that you should be truthful which I am sure you are. If you don't like any of the guys just say it I don't want you to stay in a forced relationship.''

I don't want her to stay in any relationship right now let alone a forced one !! I want to impress her and just somehow get her out of this very soon. I am in a confused state of mind right now.

She said, ''Oh yes I will keep that in mind and cheating is not something that I will enjoy doing and neither will you.''

''Yes. Well we are friends now I guess, but we barely know anything about each other let's play 71 questions, you up for that ?''

''Obviously we are friends now. So I will start, What is your favorite colour ??''

''Green, it reminds me of the nature and tresses I have a special corner in my heart for greenery ''

I was always a fan of nature. It all started on my 5th birthday when Mom got a sapling for me plant in our garden. I helped her plant that and she as that plant grew infront of my eyes I started to develop a wonderful bonding with that tree and whenever I feel stressed I go there and close my eyes and try to think of that time when I planted it. It soothes my mind. Since then on each birthday I plant a tree and also whenever something good happens to me, Doesn't matter small or big I am always in a search on a reason to plant a tree.

I said, ''My turn now, you ever had a crush on someone ??''

''Naah, I was so much engrossed in my studies all my life that I never had enough time for that. Who do you have in your family ??''

''Woah !! That's very ambitious. My mother, dad and my little sister her name is Catherine, my whole world revolves around her.''

She said with a wide smile on her face, ''Oh wow !! You have such a lovely family.''

I said nodding, "Yeah. You too must have an amazing family. Tell me about them.''

Her face turned pale and she said with a weak smile, ''I don't have a family. I am an orphan. My parents died in a car accident when I was small.''

My heart ached on hearing that looking at her with such a sad look on her face I was so shattered. Why God why ?? Why do you have to do that with people like her ?
I said, ''I am so sorry, I-'' I was cut off by her and she said with an assuring smile, ''It's fine Ryan, I don't even remember their faces but I have pictures of them I sometimes wonder how my life would have been wit their presence but it's fine not everyone have all the luxury in life.''

''Having parents can be a luxury...I never thought of this, me having seen them since the first day I came into this world never let me feel the pain of losing them.''

''That's okay. You are lucky. Anyways tell me about your hobbies.''

''I used to play basketball in my Highschool, I was the captain of the school team. I also used to play in my collage days but after being selected for this job I never got the time to play or even practice.''

''Oh that's cool. Okay now enough of the question let's get back to work.'' I nodded with agreement but said, ''One last question, What is the colour you like the most ??

''It's blue, it reminds me of the ocean and the sky that seems to meet at some point but in reality they never. I know it sounds poetic but that is what it is.''

She thinks so deep. I never thought about this. I means how can she actually get that space of mind in this hectic lifestyle of Paris to think about such a wonderful illusion of nature. Thinking this I went back to work.

*************************************

It was just kind of filler chapter where Camila and Ryan come to know eachother.
I hope you like this chapter please vote if you liked it.

Meet you in the next chapter.
-Love Yaa.