Chapter 35

CAMILA

Raphael asked, "So, what do you think about me ?"

We were sitting at the restaurant and waiting for our orders to come.

"I haven't really judged you yet." I lied. I don't want to answer that question. Not yet.

"I think you are a little silly but I kinda like you."

I am silly ? I am silly ?! Okay fine. At times I may have done silly things but what made him think that I am silly. I have behaved so professional around him. Maybe not. Okay...Fine. I am silly. Whatever.

"Yeah." I replied.

"You have any siblings ?" He asked again.

I replied with a sigh, "No, I am an orphan so I don't have anyone."

"Oh...I am so sorry to hear that, it must be so bad to live your life without anyone. I mean you are so unlucky. So vulnerable you are. You can-" He said but I interrupted,

"Maybe I am unlucky but not alone. There are many more people like me and I don't feel vulnerable because I am strong enough to face what others can." I replied.

"Ohhoo...Calm down. I now understand why are you so defensive always." He replied.

I was irritated beyond words. What does he means by 'vulnerable' and I am not vulnerable. I have done everything on my own being exposed to the world. I was brought up like that, strong enough to face everything. I maybe be silly but I can stand for myself and don't need anybody to do that for me. I neither feel unlucky nor vulnerable.

I didn't reply to him. I have to work with him for sometime. I have to be in good terms with him. Let's try to know him a little more. Maybe he is not as bad as he looks, people have layers.

"You ever had a girlfriend ?" I asked changing the topic.

Raphael replied smiling, "No, never got someone like you."

"Whatever. So you are a one woman man I guess..?"

"Yes I am. The girl I love I will get married to her and stay with her for the rest of my life." He replied.

See, I told people have layers. What he said, if that's true and how he actually feels then, he is a loyal and loving person.

"What about you ?" He questioned.

"Nope. Never had one. Never really got the right time or person." I replied.

I told him half of the truth. Somewhere, in the back of my mind, I pictured Ryan when I talked about having a boyfriend. I just can't get him out of my head at times. His thoughts are stuck in there so badly. But don't believe in romantic love stories and happy endings as they show in novels and movies. It's just that you love someone and then get married. After that either you live happily or get divorced. The most stupid thing they show is that the time slows down, you melt down into eachother's arms and then kiss. That is all bullshit they show. It is always that you get nervous and end up messing everything. And even if they happen it happens to super lucky girls and boys who are paired in heaven. Jack died in Titanic and it wasn't a happy ending for Rose. One more thing, why do girls always need a guy's jacket to cover herself when she feels cold. Why can't you bring your own jacket ? I mean, go see the weather forecast before you go somewhere and if it's cold why don't you take precautions. I just don't understand that concept, to be honest. And also what about the boy ? Won't he feel cold ? What is he made of ? He isn't some superhuman obviously. He also will feel the same as you will feel.

I went to far with that...

I got out of the thoughts when the waitress arrived with our food. We ate the food and talked about work life a bit and then Rapahel asked,