Chapter 22

RYAN

Wow !! Again...another blunder. Why do I keep messing up ??

This was the second date, I could have make it up to Camila. But I couldn't. I feel so devastated. I don't know why...why I keep making wrong decisions. Is it that difficult for me to find proper match for her ?? Am I not trying hard enough ?? Well you can't try....You have the make it up to her. She expects from you, Camila trusts you Ryan !! I never thought Derek would turn out be such a jerk. Why he did this to me ?? I had expected that he will treat her good and Camila will be impressed.

All frustrated I picked my phone and dialed Derek's number. He picked on the first ring itself.

He said, ''Hello, listen I know Ryan why you called. Don't listen to her okay ? You know me for a long time. I didn't mean to behave that way with her.''

I closed my eyes and said, ''Why are you even justifying your mistake Derek ?? If you suffered a breakup you could have told me.''

''Ryan....you know, I can't get over these things easily. I just thought it would be a change of mood if I went on a date but it didn't turn out the way I thought.'' Derek said

''Really ?? You still are not sorry ?? You could have just went away if you didn't wanted to be there anymore. Why did you insulted her ??'' I was very disappointed and it was clear in my voice.

Derek waited for a while and said, ''It's Aria, the girl from highschool. Two years back I proposed her and since then we are together. Two weeks ago we broke up cause she wasn't happy in this relationship anymore and it was becoming toxic. I am sorry Ryan, I disappointed you.''

Aria Scott was in Derek's class. He always had a crush on her. She was a popular girl and never really noticed Derek. In Derek's senior year they both were friends and after that I don't really know what happened but apparently I think he proposed her and now after his breakup his heart is broken. All the wrath he had was poured on Camila.
I can't really say that Derek is at fault but he could have atleast been polite.

Not knowing what to say I just murmured okay and was about to cut the call when he said, ''I am sorry for behaving that way with Camila. Just say her that I am ashamed. I am sorry.''

That was another sleepless night for me. A horrible night. Tomorrow I have to face Camila and explain everything.

CAMILA

I don't know what to say. It's fine if he didn't wanted the date, but I was not expecting to be insulted that way. I really had thought it was going to be a great date but nothing like that happened.

Apparently I was crying. Not very aloud because Ryan could hear. He was awake too. His room's light was on.

I was upset. Really upset. Nobody had ever said such harsh words. Nobody ever was so cold to me. It's not like that I haven't encountered rude people but so much humiliation....I have never faced such situation. I thought I could handle it but I am tired of always putting on a brave face. Sometimes I wonder, if I had my parents then I would probably live with them and take care of them. I can't do much about it. I have accepted the reality and that's all I can do. I think I shouldn't have entered in this bet.

I still have a little faith in Ryan. I will have faith on him till the last date. I know he will find someone. I want him to win. I trust him, I do. To be brutally honest, so far I just trust Ryan among all my friends at office. I don't know why but when with him I get so positive vibes. I do love and have a place in my heart for all the friends but I don't trust them hundred percent. I trust Ryan though.

I will talk to him tomorrow he must be really upset.

I tried to sleep but couldn't. So I decided to talk to Ryan right then. I went to his room and saw that he was watching something on his laptop. He knocked at the door to get his attention. He looked at me and smiled weakly.

''Not able to sleep ??'' I said with a smile.

He nodded and said, ''Nah. Just watching YouTube. What about you ??''

''Same here'' I giggled and went to sit on the bed.

I sat and took his hand and said, ''It's okay. You should sleep. I know you aren't feel good about what happened today. Don't blame yourself, this time you tried but it didn't work. That's fine''

He shook his head sadly and said, ''I just have two chances left. I don't even know what to do. If Josh asks me about this what will I say ?? In addition to that you have to go through so much humiliation. You don't deserve it. Well, I called up Derek and he said that he was sorry''

''That's okay just that to him. Anyways, I still trust you. You will surely win. In worst case, if you don't win just remember you have already won my heart.''

Woah !! That was a big great heavy step !! Control what you are saying. You silly girl.

I blushed slightly, I was still holding his hand.

He was still looking at me and said, ''Sorry. I am sorry for everything.''

I nodded and walked out of his room, mumbling a goodnight.

What happens to you when you are with him. Are you crazy ?? Why don't you have controls over your actions with him. You were holding his hand. WHY ?? Okay you wanted to comfort him, you could have done it with your word. Why holding hands and being touchy-touchy.

I slammed my head on the pillow and took a deep sigh.

When with him I am real. Myself. I don't have to pretend anything or think before speaking. I just say what I want to. You are walking straight to my heart Ryan Knight.

I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

It's difficult to gain someone's trust and easy to break. But when you have faith, you see hope in that person . That's why you wait for them, happily.

**********************************************

Here comes another chapter !!
Thank you for so much support. We have reached over 200 reads and 50 votes !!
Stay tuned for the next chapter.
Vote if you like the chapter.
-Love Yaa