Chapter 39

CAMILA 

I sat there stupefied as Ryan talked about me on going on an actual date with Raphael. I mean, I felt kind of good about the fact that, in my friendship with Raphael, Ryan could actually see some potential. Despite of the fact he dislikes Raphael he still wants me to go on a date with him. 

Great. 

Yet, I don't really want to go. I agree that Raphael is hot as hell and whenever I am with him I feel good but he is probably nothing more than that. And he can never be anything more than that. He isn't even a crush. I know that sounds so silly but that's true. I have never ever felt any connection with him. And how could I even, when he is so much engrossed in just talking about his business, I barely know anything about him. We always talk about me or everything around me but not him nothing about him. I never asked much neither he ever said. I don't even feel belonged. I still feel that something is wrong. How a self-obsessed and judgy guy became so sweet all of a sudden. His first impression was totally of a player but then I think, he has some kind of wall built around him. Maybe he is actually a sweet guy. 

''So, me and Raphael on a date ?'' I said to Ryan.

''Yeah. You just have to say 'yes' to him when he texts, asking for the date.''

I said with a weak smile, ''Yeah. Okay.''

''Don't you want to go ? If you don't then, you don't have to.'' Ryan said putting a hand on my shoulder. 
Oh, his touch is always so comforting.

''No. I mean that's okay. It's the third date, let's see how it goes.

I have some hopes for this one at least. In addition to that Raphael is not a stranger. It kind of feels less anxious to go on a date with someone you know. 

Let's hope for the best. But what could possibly go wrong with the date this time. 

The days passed really quick. It was a hectic week jam-packed with meetings and works. I had to even bring work to home. And finally it was sunday. The day which we all wait throughout the week and the day I had a date.  On Saturday, Raphael had already texted me about the date and I had said 'yes.' 

''So you are ready for the date ?'' Ryan said, as he leaned on the door of my room. 

I replied, ''Yeah. What are you going to do while I will be gone ?''

''Maybe I will just go over to the twins and play video games.''

''Okay. Sounds...I don't know. I have never played a video games'' I replied. 

''You should go now'' Ryan said looking at his watch. 

''But how am I going to go ?? Raphael didn't say anything about picking me up. Maybe I will just take a cab, but to where ? I don't even know where to go.'' I said. 

Ryan rolled his eyes and said, ''Wow. And you both are going on a date. Maybe I wi-''

He was interrupted by a honk. I went to my balcony and saw a limo and a text from Raphael, popped on my phone. Saying,

Enjoy your limo, come soon I am waiting. ;)

So, this limo is sent by Raphael for me! Never have I ever got a chance to be on a limousine.

I turned and said to Ryan, ''It's for me. Raphael just texted. I will see you later. Bye.'' 

''Bye.'' Said Ryan dryly. He is again not in a mood. But I am not leaving just hearing his stupid bye. It was him in the first place who set up the date. 

''It wasn't a bye.'' I said folding my arms. 

''Go. What are you waiting for ?'' He said turning me around and pushing me gently towards the door.