Chapter 20

RYAN

As soon as I heard the door closing behind me I waited sitting on the couch for a while for Camila to leave. 

I am really upset with Steve. He needs to learn a lesson and I will make sure I am the teacher. I swear he will regret doing all that in the date. I am least bothered about his dating life but he shouldn't have behaved that way with Camila. She shouldn't behave with any of his date that way. He is a filthy guy and it's high time to get all clean up.

While driving the only emotion I felt was anger. It was an eerie feeling because generally my anger explodes like a volcano but that isn't the case this time and I get a feeling that this is not a good thing for Stevey boy.

I parked my car and then headed towards the café where me and Steve were supposed to meet. Again, as highly expected from him he was flirting with a random girl. Ignoring the fact that he was very much into the girl I walked and sat on the other chair. As the girl looked at me she straightened herself and left. Poor Steve he really loved the girl and she was the one. Note the sarcasm.

He looked at me and smiled, "So how have you been Ryan ?"

I really didn't wanted to sit for a longer time with him because he just disgusts me rightnow. So I came straight to the point.

"What happened in the date ?" I asked with a straight face.

He was taken aback and of course he was well aware with my intensity, he said with a weak smile, "Nothing it was okay."

"I didn't ask how was the date I said what happened in the date."

I knew what happened in the date but I wanted to know from him. I wanted to see what he actually tells me. I really want to. He didn't only broke my trust but behaved so badly with his date. It's not actually about Camila it's about a person's dignity that you should keep always in mind. If someone actually decides to take out time just to go on a date with you, you should atleast respect that. But he didn't.

He said, "That girl, whatever her name is she was damn hot but you know, she just saw me make out with another girl, not a biy deal right ? But-"

"Not a big deal ? Are you crazy !? I trusted you and hence I sent you on a date with Camila you bastard. But what you did ? Not only you broke my trust but also you disrespected her." I said with anger.

All this while he was sitting calmly in his chair now he shifted a little uncomfortably and said, "Look, she was hot and I just wanted to get into her pants and that was it."

This is the limit one more word and he is dead, "Oh yeah ? I should have known, a dog's tail is forever crooked. You will never change-"

He said cutting me off, "Listen, don't you speak shit the only reason I went on a date with that bitch was to get her to bed. You are having a fight with me because of that whore ? You better-"

This is it.

Punch.

Congratulations Stevey boy you successful got the volcano erupted and now welcome the consequences.

I punched him thrice on his face. Everybody in the cafe was stunned to see my actions. I dragged Steve out of the cafe by his collar and pushed him onto his bike. I was so furious that just one more punch and he will be out. When I looked into his eyes there was so much pain. He deserves everything I did to him but still I couldn't hit him anymore, he was my highschool friend. Instead I punched his bike's headlight and said in, "Don't use those words for Camila or any girl ever again."

Saying that I left. My hand was bleeding from all the fighting I did. Well, it wasn't a fight it was me punching. I think he just forgot who I am. Though I work in an office all sobered up but that badboy still lives inside me. Whatever he said, after that there was no way I could have controlled my temper.

Shit !! My hand's bleeding how will I go home ?? I can't even go to my house Catherine isn't home, she went to a camp otherwise I would have sneaked into her room and she would have done the treatment without letting Mom or Dad know. If I go to a doctor's I don't know what will I say.

Doctor would ask, "How you got this ?"

And I would say, "Oh I was just beating my friend. Not a big deal."

Woah. Wild idea. I will just go home and try to do my band aid myself. Let's see what happens. Camila shouldn't be home. I hope she is having a nice date. If she sees this she will kill me for sure. No. I can't let her see this.

I parked my car and headed to our apartment where I saw a very horrible thing.

CAMILA'S SHOES. That means she is home.

You are dead Ryan. Just one hope left. If you can sneak into your room without letting her know that you are injured then their's hope. What if she is in the living room ?? You are for sure dead then. I slowly opened the door and looked throught the crack. Suddenly my knees felt jittery.

Camila was sitting on the couch.

She came back early. She was supposed to be with Derek. I am getting the vibes that her date wasn't really exciting. Well done Ryan. Just one more Sunday night wasted by you. Two more dates to go.

But what about now ??Now what are you going to do ?? Blood is just oozing out of the cuts. You are terrible !!
Cool. Don't look at her just go straight to your room. Just do that and if she calls just say you will talk later. Yes. Done !!

I opened the door and quickly closed it looked straight at my room and marched toward it. Of course, Camila saw me and said, "Heyy.....Where have you been ?? I called you twice."

She did call me. Generally I pick everyone's call but not this time. I wasn't in a mood or state to answer the call. I simply said, "Can we just talk later please ??"

She nodded and said, "Yeah sure we will talk while having dinner. Freshen up. I will place the food."

Oh no. I can't let this happen this taking a long time !! I said in a stern voice. I had to, "No, I am fine."

I said and walked towards my room. I can sense her face turning pale from my reaction. But I had no other choice. I am so sorry Cam. My heart broke. Should I just tell her everything ?? No !! No way are you crazy Ryan.

I was about to open my door when she yelled in horror, "Ryan.....What happened to your hand !!"

In all this thinking I had forgot about hiding my hand and she obviously saw it. Camila ran toward me took my other hand and made me sit on the couch. She examined my injured hand carefully and looked at me.

"This is the reason you didn't wanted to have dinner ?" She said sternly.

I have no other option, I don't even want to lie to her so I just said, "Yeah. I am sorry."

"Where were you ??"

I didn't say anything.

She repeated, "Where were you Ryan ? I am asking something. Answer me"

I finally decided to say, "I went to see Steve and ended up in a fight with him I puched his bike's headlights and you know..."

She stood up got the first aid and started treating my wound and said, "This is not good. Why you picked up a fight Ryan ?? You shouldn't do that, it's-"

I interrupted and said, "Listen, I just can't shut up mouth and do nothing while he says horrible things about you or any other women."

"So he was saying something about me and you got hurt because of me." Her voice cracked while she spoke.

She was crying. Indeed she was.

I said, "It's not cause of you. Your life's very first date was ruined because of me. You had to face so much disrespect....I just felt guilty."

Tears welled up in her eyes and she hugged me and said, "No one ever spoke even a word for me. Thank you so much. Still hurting yourself....it's not good."

Realizing that she was hugging me. She let go and smiled happily. I wiped of the tears from her cheeks and said, "Let's have dinner I am starving."

"Me too."

I know her date was horrible. I will ask her after the dinner. Let's see what mistake I made agian....

*********************************

Heyy Guys...
I just wanted to add an action scene. Cause even a romance is incomplete with action.
I hope you liked the chapter. You wouldn't have to wait for the next update cause I am updating 2 chapter !!
Comment and Like
-Love Yaa