Chapter 36

CAMILA

What has happened to Ryan? He never behaved like this with me. He is acting so weird.

I went back to work but couldn't get the thought out of my mind. Ryan has been the only thought in my mind lately. Maybe I am falling for him....

I don't know.

Raphael and I have finally matched our vibes. Sure he is a little cheeky but everyone has flaws. That's fine with me. I like him. He is the first guy I have ever liked after Ryan.

Obviously, I love Ryan more than anyone else. Love ? Okay, maybe like.

His recent behaviour isn't like him. Not that he is always very happy, mostly he wears a blank expression, usually smirks but when he smiles and is happy it's a lovely site all together.

I have noticed so much about him.

Later that day Raphael asked me for dinner again. I just said yes cause my mood wasn't really great and to lighten it up I thought to spend the evening with him.

After all the work we went to home in Ryan's car like always and it was a quiet ride. I hate such silence. Even the music was off today. Neither I played it nor him.
After dropping me he said, " I am going to visit Mom and Dad...See you later." and went away.

He didn't even wait for me to say anything. He just went away like that. Didn't even got a chance to say bye. Ryan is being awful now.

RYAN

As always, when I feel down I just go home. It's the most comfortable place on earth. I knocked and Dad opened the door.

"Hey Ryan! Come in. How are you son ?" He said happily.

"Fine."

He let me in and I just went to sit on the couch. He was probably watching TV as it was switched on. Our house is always noisy and filling. Yet today it wasn't, which meant that Mom and Catherine aren't home.

Dad walked up and sat next to me. He said, "You don't look very good. Are you fine ?"

"Yeah...I am all good." I lied.

Now I can't share everything with Dad. I mean nothing in my life is hidden from my family. If not everyone atleast someone will know about the things and the same goes for the rest of them. Obviously the things I can't tell at home I tell them to Josh or maybe Catherine. She understands and acts mature at times.

"Hmmm....You think lying will help you young man ?" Dad asked, chuckling.

"I am not lying old man." I said rolling my eyes.

"Ryan, I know that you are a fully grown adult now. You can handle your problems. Still, don't forget that I have already crossed this phase of life. You can share your problem. Maybe we can do something about it." He explained.

"I don't need help." I said.

"So you agree that you have a problem but you just don't need help. Now just say the name of the girl..." He said.

"What ? What are you saying ? And why do you think it's about a girl ?" I asked confused.

" You never look this upset, nothing affects you quickly. Yet today you came home looking unhappy and sat on the couch. That's strange. And from experience, I can say that maybe it's a love life problem."

"Okay fine. I will just tell you everything."

I can say such things to Dad because he always have some solution. I have never been much close to him but I have always went to him in trouble times. Mom isn't really a help at such moments. Dad and I share a quirky bond. When we are together we can do anything plus Dad is much more fun and adventurous than Mom is.

"It's about Camila."

'' Ah ! That lovely girl. She is indeed a nice person. We already love her."

"Dad listen. The thing is that I think I have fallen for her but I am not sure about it. I have had flings before but nothing has affected me so much. And today I saw her with another guy laughing and having fun. She even went on dinner with him. I don't really like the site of them being together." I said explaining.

"Classic case of jealousy. You are jealous Rya-" I said but I interrupted.

"No I am not !"

"I heard you now listen to me."

" Sorry. Continue please."

"Yeah. So you are jealous of that guy and that's fine. It's an emotion and that's how you feel there is nothing wrong in it. You definitely like Camila hence you are jealous when you see her with someone else. But don't let it out on her. Don't let it affect your relation."

"Yeah right." I had to agree.

"Now it's not necessary that she will like you back. But does that change your feelings for her ?."

" No. I will still like her." I replied.

"Yes. That is what matters. You will still like her even when she doesn't. You need to accept what is reality and respect her feelings. Now one thing. It is not what it always looks like. You don't know what's in her heart, maybe she also haven't realised it yet, just like you are in a dilemma. Maybe she has feelings for you too."

"I hope so. But am I in love Dad ?" I asked frowning.

"You know that. You just can't realise what you want. When the right time comes you will know what you need to." He said, smiling at me.

"Woah. That helps. Thanks Dad. How so you know so much though ?"

"Experience son. And I met your Mom in highschool. Rebecca was a rebel at that time. I was quiet. But it worked out somehow." He laughed and patted my shoulder.

"Ohk...That sounds very cute. Fine I will leave now. It's late."

"Remember one thing, never let your emotions dominate anybody's. At the end, you will be happy only if she is happy. Byee. Take care."

After whatever Dad told me, I felt good and assured. To settle things between me and Camila I thought to take her on dinner. We can talk and also feel good about being with eachother. I am still not sure if I love her but as Dad said, I will know when it's time. Till then I should try to strengthen our bond.

I took out my phone and called Camila, she picked up on the third ring, "Hey. I just wanted to ask if you would like to go out for dinner ?"

There was silence for a while and then she said, "I am having dinner with Raphael today. He asked me and I said yes. I am...I am really sorry."

''Enjoy your dinner." I said and cut the call.

Fuck the hell. She had dinner with Raphael just yesterday. They are dining again today ? My heart was broken. I had nothing to do so I just went home changed and slept. I didn't wanted to eat anymore. My hunger had died.

I should be happy that she is. Still, I am not happy. I am just a upset about the fact that I couldn't even spend a little time with her.

***************************************

New Upadate...Comment and vote if you liked it. It would mean a lot !

See you next time.
Love yaa..