Chapter 40: End.

THIRD

Nami stared at the ceiling. It had been days since they arrived from the Land of the Tea. She was saved from Tsunade’s scolding when they reported what happened. Tsunade had let Nami rest for a few days straight, telling her she needed it to regain the chakra she used on the last fight. But the truth was, Tsunade just needed her to relax her body for a while. Her body was too strained and tired from all the work she is doing. Who knows what training she undergoes on her day offs.

Lee is going to be the first person that the Hokage will have an operation then it is her turn. Lee had first visited her before he went to the operation. Nami noticed that Lee was nervous. He was a bit clumsy.

“Goodluck, Lee.” Nami smiled, watching Lee sit on the chair beside his bed. “You can train all you want again, after this operation.”

Lee rubbed the back of his head, slouching for a minute. “But we aren’t sure if this operation will be a success yet, Nami.”

Nami flicked his forehead. Hard.

“Ow!” Lee held his forehead, looking at Nami.

“Don’t be a pessimist. It’s not suitable for the likes of you.” Nami grinned. “This operation will be a success. I know you are a fighter and no one wants to lose, I know you won’t lose in this operation. Man up, Lee!”

After that conversation, Lee was called on the operating room.

Thank you, Nami-san. I know you will also not lose on you operation.Lee thought, before the operation starts.

It’s been a long four days. She was in a small room alone, laying on the bed. She doesn’t have anything to do and there was a ninja guarding her 24/7. Tsunade really made sure that she won’t do anything reckless.

Thankfully, she was moved into another room after the first day she was confined and luckily, it was where Sasuke was confined too. They were bedmates. She was surprised at first to see him still confined at the hospital.

“What’s wrong, duckbutt?” Nami asked Sasuke who was keeping silent, staring at his bed sheet. Nami decided to ask him. This time, it was only both of them in that room, no one visited at that time. She also felt that whenever Naruto was visiting, Sasuke was kind of angry.

Sasuke didn’t answer Nami and the latter bit her lip. She has had enough of Sasuke not talking to her. She stood up from her bed and jumped to the Uchiha’s bed, sitting beside him. But Sasuke remained unmoving, still gripping his bedsheet while staring at it.

Nami narrowed her eyes at her best friend. Is he dreaming while his eyes are open? She checked and hit him behind his head, he received a glare.

“What are you spacing out for? What’s the problem, Sasuke? What happened… I don’t understand. You’ve been glaring at Naruto for a while now. Did he do something wrong?” Nami asked, desperation trailing on her voice.

“It’s nothing.” He mumbled.

“No.” She stated, holding his gaze. “There’s something wrong. You know you can always tell me about it.”

“I’m weak.” The Uchiha started, remembering what happened back on their last mission. “I couldn’t even beat Aoi but Naruto did.”

Nami sighed, resting her head on Sasuke’s shoulder. “Duck butt, all of us defeated Aoi. Sakura helped us with the antidote. You cracked the lightning blade and I made him lose a lot of blood. Naruto was the one who finished it. It wasn’t just Naruto who beat him. Don’t feel pathetic because of that. You’re a strong Uchiha. You managed to break that unbreakable sword. Even I couldn’t break it.”