Chapter 9. The Kyuubi and the unanswered questions.

I panted as I wiped my forehead of invisible sweat. I was running so fast that everything around me was a blur. I am running away from something. I need to get away but somehow I am running on the same place again and again. It was like an unending maze.

I heard footsteps behind me. It was gaining on me.

‘Faster Nami.’ I told myself all over again. I hadn’t noticed I fell flat on my face when I felt a pain on my forehead. I pushed myself up but my vision is spinning. I decided to rest for a second and look back. I choked on my breath. My blood running cold. I was eye to eye with a very familiar snake-like man. The very same man who murdered my father.

I bolted upright in bed, panting. I’ve put my hand on my chest to make myself calm. Suddenly, a hand was on my shoulder which made me flinch and punch whoever it is but he caught my fist.

“Easy, Nami. It’s me.” He breathed. He was also caught off guard by what I did, luckily he caught my fist.

“Sasuke..” I called and hugged him, burying my face on his shoulder. “He... I’ve dreamed of it again..”

“You were screaming in your sleep.” He told me and rubbed my back.

I suddenly froze and remembered something. I slowly pulled out from Sasuke and smiled at him.

“What.Are.You.Doing.In.My.Room?!” I shouted, emphasizing each word and pushed him from my bed. Throwing pillows at him. He’s lucky my ninja weapons is on the other room.

He just walked casually outside. “It’s already 10:30. Douchebag. We have a meeting later.”

“Shut it, Duck-butt. My alarm went off. But thanks for waking me up.” I shouted at him. I heard him leave the house. I sighed and shook my head. That guy. Always worrying about me. His apartment was just behind our house. So if I was screaming, that means he was hearing it clearly from his place. My room is just in front of his apartment’s window.

We are supposed to meet at 12:00 pm today at the bridge. But I decided to go to Naruto's house. Maybe that guy is still snoring.

I knocked at the door and called for Naruto but no one was answering. When I turned the doorknob, it was open.

Isn’t Naruto here? Why is his door open? I pushed the door slowly to open and it hit something on the ground.

"I'm coming in." I announced and opened the door widely. I felt my smile turn into a scowl as I saw Naruto’s apartment. It was dirty and messy wherever you look. Dirty clothes and empty ramen cups were scattered across the floor. Is this even called a house? or rather, an apartment?!

I went to his bed. I was right, Naruto is still sleeping in his bed, his sleeping t-shirt was slightly elevated and his mouth hanging open and his saliva falling freely on his cheeks. He still wears the cute hat as a part of his sleeping attire.

I went to his kitchen and got a glass full of water and went back to his sleeping figure again. I splashed the water to his sleeping face and made him bolt upright. 

"WHA--" He exclaimed, seeing me holding the now empty glass and grinning at him. He frowned and jumped down to his bed. 

"Whaddya do that for?!" He asked, rubbing his face with a dry towel. He went to his kitchen and just kicked the things scattered across the floor. 

"How can you live in a dirty place like this?" I asked raising my brows at him.

"Heh." He just answered. 

"Clean. it. now." I commanded.  I sat at his bed, I think it’s the only part of his room that is clean.

He turned around "What're you my mom?!" He exclaimed.