Chapter 38: Kakashi-sensei's face, B-class mission and (maybe)Ibiki's brother?

I watched my team spy Kakashi-sensei to know what is behind his mask. We even had a mission and we stayed at a hotspring. There were three ninjas following us but they were really obvious for a ninja. Then this one time that we were going to eat in the hotsprings, there were a lot of food served on the table. But it was drugged. Kakashi-sensei knew that it was drugged but he wasn’t telling it to us.

I sat at the other side of Kakashi-sensei, Naruto at his other side. Sakura and Sasuke sat at the other side. No one was eating. Not until, Kakashi-sensei eats first.

I laughed at my friends’ expression when Kakashi-sensei covered the kettle that ‘accidentally’ slipped out of Naruto’s hand with the table full of food. Their expression was priceless!

Then we went to our mission, repairing fences and caught this three ninjas who were following us. It turns out they had a grudge to Kakashi-sensei three years ago.

The day went on just like that until we walked back to the village while the sun is setting.

“Say, Kakashi-sensei, It’s been bothering us the whole day.” I started and my team looked at me expectantly. I wasn’t part of them spying on Kakashi-sensei until he takes off his mask. I was only watching them do it, well, except now. “What’s under your mask?”

“Oh, Under my mask?” Kakashi-sensei pointed at his face and stopped, facing us.

“Yeah.” I nodded, staring at him.

“Oh. Do you want to see?”

All of us nodded, he slowly moved his hand towards his mask and this time, I’m kind of grinning at myself. There’s no way Kakashi-sensei will show his face, unless forced.

He pulled his mask down, another mask, this one, lighter, was on his face. The three fell on the ground and I was laughing, shaking my head. I knew it.

“Oh. Okay okay.” I said, stopping my laugh. My team was glaring at me as we continued walking.

I was walking first, Kakashi-sensei behind me and the three was walking behind Kakashi-sensei, a few distance behind. I suddenly stopped and felt Kakashi-sensei bump behind me. The three were still a few meters away from us.

“Why did you stop?” Kakashi-sensei asked, looking down at me.

“Oh. I-ugh…” I suddenly grinned and pulled his mask down, at the fastest I could get—with the second mask, catching him off guard.

“HEY.” He shouted out of surprise.

“Oh….” I muttered, backing up. I felt my face heating up. I didn’t expect that one coming. Kakashi-sensei is….ugh… How do you say this… He’s really handsome and perfect behind that mask. I’m now wondering why he doesn’t have a girlfriend or something up until now. Or maybe he does? He just isn’t telling it to us?

“Why did you stop—WHA?! Nami-chan! You saw Kakashi-sensei’s face!” Sakura shouted, pointing at me. She saw Kakashi-sensei adjusting his mask.

“WHAT?!” Sasuke and Naruto exclaimed, running at where we are.

“What does he look like, Nami-chan?!” Sakura exclaimed.

When I remember Kakashi-sensei’s face, my face will automatically heat up.

“I can’t…” I said, defeatedly. Rubbing the blush off of my face. “Honestly, I really can’t.” I said, now laughing at my teammates’ expressions.

“That’s not nice, Nami.” Kakashi-sensei scolded, chopping my head with his right hand, hard.

“OW!” I yelled, glaring at Kakashi-sensei.