Chapter 5. 'You're a ninja now!'

6 years later.

I turned 12.

My orange hair is longer now and still had curls. It falls back to my waist when I let it fall so I always tie it into a high ponytail, sometimes in a bun. But there were fringes that covered my forehead and longer fringes at the sides of my face.

My eyes turned darker than it was 6 years ago. Specifically my left eye. It became a dark orange but the other was lighter. I don't know how it happened. My father's eyes were both oranges. Unlike mine, darker and lighter shades of orange. But I liked how my eyes were colored, it made myself feel unique.

I wear a short black kimono dress that ends below my rear and a black netted sando underneath and is tied with a turquoise belt. I have a netted black leggings and it ends up to my mid-thigh and a netting from my elbow to my wrists. And finally a black fingerless gloves.

Today is the most awaited day, the graduation day. The day before we are assigned to teams. The day before we go outside the village and do different missions. The day before I turn eyes glaring at me to eyes that looks at me with hope and admiration. The day before I fulfil my dreams and become the best kunoichi and a medic ninja there ever was. How ironic that I wanted to become a medic ninja but I hate staying inside the hospital.

I leaned my chin at my hand as I see Iruka-sensei enter our room,. documents at his hand.

I looked at my seatmates. The both of them looking forward. Sasuke was at his usual mood. His hands were, as usual, knitted and his chin resting on it. On the other hand, Naruto is grinning excitedly in the air. Humming a song that he invented. Maybe.

"Excited?" I asked Naruto.

"You bet it! One step closer in becoming the Hokage!" He grinned, dancing merrily at his seat.

"Goodluck Orange Blob!” I grinned back. “How about you?" I raised my eyebrow mockingly at my other seatmate.

"Hn." He answered, looking at me for a moment and back in front.

"Emo Sasu-baka.." I muttered and looked in the front. “I swear I’m going to catch you later in a headlock.”

He became like that for the past six years. Being emo and stuff. He usually desert himself from other people. Except for me, let him try and I swear I’m going to kill him… or kick his butt. Annoying people is my expertise, by the way.

"We will now start the Final exam, please go to the room next door if your name is called. Your final exam will be the replication technique."

Naruto started to panic beside me, I know why. He isn't good when it comes to this. I asked him if he wanted my help. I can help him and give tips on how he can make replications or clones easier. He just shook his head like how a kindergarten will do when he’s asked to drink a bitter medicine.

"Don't worry Naruto. You'll pass. I believe in you. You didn’t ask my help so I’m sure you can do this perfectly." I tapped his back. He nodded and gave me his smile but I didn’t miss the way he gulped nervously.

Our names were called one by one. We were called by row, so I will go before Sasuke and Naruto.

"Koizumi Nami." The guy dressed in all black, a ninja I suppose, called. He waved for me to come to the next door.

“Goodluck Guys. I’ll wait for the both of you outside.” I said as I ruffled their hair. They grunted in unison as they swatted my hand away.

I went to the room next door where the ninja earlier pointed to. To be honest, this is making me nervous. I’m good in doing ninja activities, seeing as I went to some missions with my dad. I get nervous when this kind of things becomes a test. It’s making me all clammy and sweaty.