Chapter 20. 'Please Don't tell them'

Nami's POV

"Hey.. Old Man.." I murmured, looking at the ground. The doctor insisted for me to put the oxygen mask to my face to help me with my breathing.

Old Man Jiraiya was leaning at the door frame, his eyes closed.

He looked at me seriously and started walking to my bed.

"Master Jiraiya. You know her?" The doctor greeted and earned a nod from Jiraiya.

"What's her disease called?" Jiraiya asked my doctor.

The doctor looked at me. Maybe contemplating if he can tell it to Jiraiya.

"We don't have any idea what it is. We only know that her sickness is spreading some toxics or poisons to her other cells that is making her body worse." The doctor started explaining.

"But I am okay." I murmured which made them turn their heads on me and receive a glare.

~

"I'll leave you for now, I'll attend to my other patients. DON'T sneak out." My doctor warned me.

The doctor closed the door and left me with Old Man Jiraiya.

"Since when?" Jiraiya sat beside me.

"Since the Uchiha Massacre." I answered. He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Was Itac--"

"No! He wasn't the one who did this! It was another person!" I shouted at him and made him cover his ears.

"You're too loud like your mother" Jiraiya whispered to himself, rubbing his ears.

"What? I didn't hear that." I asked.

"No. It's nothing. Another person, you say?"

"Yeah. I ..ugh.. felt another presence but it was.. how do you call this.. faint. Itachi-nii, I mean, Itachi is infront of me, so I can clearly see what he's doing and suddenly a kunai flew towards my chest.I started coughing blood and I got unconscious." I explained. He nodded for me to continue.

"When I woke up, I was confined inside the hospital. The doctor told me that the kunai that stabbed me had reached my heart with a mere millimeter. The Doctor said I was in a critical condition and I was lucky I was alive. Since then, 5 jutsus is my limit and when I exceed that limit, I cough up many blood and it gets hard to breath. It's kind of complicated, I have a large reserve of chakra yet I can't use it."

"How many times did you exceed your limit?" Jiraiya raised his eyebrow at me accusingly.

"Many times. Hey, i'm going to remove the oxgen mask--" I smiled innocently and got a bump on my head from Old Man's hit.

"Hey. That hurts." I rubbed my head.

"Don't remove it. You're careless. Naruto knows that sickness? Or your other friends? " He asked.

I froze. Well, I don't want any of them to know this sickness as much as possible.

"No. Only Sasuke knows. I don't even know if Sasuke remembers. Oh and Sakura, you know the pink-haired girl that is on our team? It's her. But ugh.. I don't know if she can remember it too. When I fought Orochimaru--"

"How many times did you fought Orochimaru?" Old man Jiraiya asked, his brows furrowed.

"Three.. when he.. killed papa."

I paused for a bit, pushing the memory away that is starting to flash to my mind

"The chuunin exam when I failed on protecting Sasuke and when he killed Grandpa Hokage."