Chapter 33 : VI - Kisaragi Village

“So? How have you been, Little Nami?” Iki… I mean, Lady Iki asked me. I frowned, and buried my face on my arms which was on my knees. We were on the porch and I sat down at the railings while Lady Iki ah—screw this! I’ll call her Iki on my mind. Iki is standing next to me, leaning her arms on the railings while looking at me, getting on my nerves,.

“Don’t call me, Little Nami.” I frowned at her. “It’s been a few years and I’m not little anymore.”

“Oh, really? Then stand up beside me. Let’s see who is the person taller and who is the little one.” She retorted, grinning.

“Ha. Ha.” I rolled my eyes and looked in front of me, then I heard her laughing.

“That’s what I like about you. You treat me like I am a normal person.” She told me. I raised my eyebrow at her and coughed a laugh. “What? You are a normal person with extraordinary mind abilities and a touch of chakra. Lastly, the head of this village.”  I grinned at her and remembered Chi. “Oh! And you have a son.” I added.

“Yeah yeah. So how have you been?”  She asked, getting rid of her formal self which she shows to the villagers in front of me and being the goofy Iki that I met back then.

“I’m fineee~” I sang. “Better as always~”

“How’s the heart? Is it okay?”

“Yeah…Maybe? I’ll have a heart transplant.”

“Oh. Goodluck with that. Just don’t die.”

“Okay okay. So how are you?”

“Hm. Same old me. Trying to make the villagers safe as possible. Being a mother.” She stopped for a minute, thinking about some other things to say then her eyes lit up when she looked at me. “So I talked to someone whom you’re familiar with.” She said, looking at me. I looked back at her asking ‘Who’. “Haku.”

My eyes widened and a smile crept on my face. “Really?! You’ve met Kohaku-nii? It’s been a while since I saw that guy. So how’s he? Is he married already with that girl?”

“Patience, Nami.” She chuckled. “He’s surprised that we both know you. We talked things about you and yeah, he’s married already. The girl has the same name as my son, Chi.”

“Uwahh. I’m happy for that guy.” I murmured, looking at the village again.

“Nami.” She called. I looked at her but she was facing the view in front of us. The sun started setting making the sky have an orange color just like my hair. I noticed the look on Iki. Like her appearance today compared to what she looked like back then. Iki looked stressed just like the other villages and now that I look closer to her face, she has bags on her eyes. Her eyes were worried.

“What?” I asked.

“Can you look out for my son? You’re the only person, excluding Mami that can stop him. Now that Riki’s back, sooner or later, he’ll know where the headquarter of Akito is, He’ll be reckless and try to go save the villagers especially Mami’s father by himself.”

“Okay. Leave it to me. Relax for a bit. You’re going to have wrinkles. I’ll just send messages if there’s anything up.” I said, slapping her shoulders then I froze remembering something. “Oh sorry. I’m not used in this Lady thingy. Am I supposed to touch you?” I grinned at her and she smiled back, finally relaxing as I said. “So Is there something going on between Chi and Mami?”

“I don’t know. I think Chi likes her.” She answered, grinning cheekily because of her son.

“Your baby boy is now a grown-up.” I said, dramatically then we laughed. We just laughed there. I felt good for making this person beside me, laugh and relax for now. I know she is really stressed out for what is happening around their village.