Chapter 21. An ANBU mission

Third Person's POV

People stopped looking at me with disgust on their faces after the ambush of the Sand. They stopped looking at me and Naruto like that after what happened. Was it because of I tried protecting Grandpa even when I failed? And from what I heard, Naruto stopped Gaara with his summoning?

If that is it then it is better. I hate it when they look at Naruto like that. They could just send me that glares for all I care. I hate it when my friends are treated like that. 

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen Gaara after that. That Gaara, not even saying goodbye.

Nami thought, now lost in her train of thoughts. She didn't mind the little pain she felt at the thought of her Grandpa.

Sasuke dropped by earlier but soon went off. He'd been serious about training lately. Sakura is nowhere to be found.

"Nami." Shino called Nami with his so-serious voice, snapping Nami out of her thoughts.

Nami turned her head to him. "Hm?"

"I'm going to tell you something while Hinata and Kiba is outside."

"Oh? What is it?" Nami asked curiously, slightly moving towards him.

"We all know that sickness you are hiding."

"What do you mean?" She asked back.

"From the chuunin exams, when you fought the Sound-nins. Even if Team 8 was not there. Your attack from your sickness gave it all away from them. That other Hyuga, he saw your chakra circulation."

They knew about it? Nami gripped the bedsheet.

"You want us to not worry about you but it only makes us more worried. You are so selfless, putting your life on the line just to protect us. We can protect ourselves just fine. It's you who needs protecting."

"How about my team? Do they know?"

"Yes."

With that simple word, Nami's heart skipped a beat. They knew all along?

Nami felt like a weigh was put out on her chest. As much as possible, she doesn't want her friends to know about the sickness that is eating her.

"H-how?" Nami stuttered.

"Sakura and Sakura knew. Naruto overheard doctors talking about you and your sickness and affirmed our assumptions."

"That Naruto.. He can't keep his mouth shut." Nami turned her head to the window.

"We are thankful he told it to us. Your condition is becoming worse. You've been careless for the past months."

"No it's not. I'm fine." Nami groaned.

The door opened revealing a smiling Hinata ,a happy Akamaru and a grinning Kiba.

Nami sighed defeatedly but smiled back at Kiba and the others, setting aside what she and Shino talked about. Well, they knew about it. It can't be undone anymore.

"Come here Akamaru." Nami said, holding out her hand.

"Arf!" Akamaru barked happily, jumping at Nami's legs and letting her caress his furry head.

~

"Guys, Shino and I will just go to the restroom for a bit." Kiba waved at the girls. Maybe they will talk

about Nami knowing that she know that they know she have a sickness. (Pretty confusing, right?

XD)