Chapter 18. Another Goodbye

Third Person's POV

"Hey Nami nee-chan! What brings you here?"

"Are you guys finished eating dinner? Where's Grandpa-Hokage?"

"He went outside. We just finished eating dinner, I don't know about Grandpa." Konahamaru answered looking at the paperbag Nami was holding.

"Okayyyy. I'll go get Grandpa Hokage. Put this on your table." Nami waved, jumping outside the door.

She cooked especially for her Grandpa-Hokage. She just felt like cooking for him.

"Grandpa Hokageeeeeeee!" Nami shouted as soon as he saw the silhouette of the Third.

She stopped infront of him, catching her breath. The Hokage was giving her panting figure a questioning look. His hands, on his back. He's wearing his usual Hokage clothes.

"What happened to you?" The Hokage asked.

"Have you eaten your dinner?" Nami asked back.

"Yes." He answered, Kousuke, the Old Genin coming to his mind. "Why do you ask--"

"Really?! Perfect timing!" Nami exclaimed brightly. "Let's go! I made something for you. I told Konohamaru to put it on your table." She pulled the Old guy with her until they reached his house.

"Ta-da! It's your favorite. Hijiki and Sardine fish balls." Nami said brightly.

"Hmm. It's delicious." The Hokage muttered. Well she'll be a good wife when the time comes. The Hokage thought.

Nami turned to Konohamaru.

"Konohamaru. Come on. Say Ah!" Nami told the little boy, who followed her, opening his mouth.

The Hokage looked at Nami suspiciously. There's something wrong with this child. Nami is too happy, it's obvious that her smile is fake. Is there something wrong?

"Konohamaru, go to sleep now. You still have a class tomorrow." Sarutobi told his grandson.

"Jii-chan. It's the Chuunin exam tomorrow but we still have classes."Konohamaru complained but yawned after.

"Go to sleep now Konohamaru. Goodnight. " Nami kissed Konahamaru's forehead and waved at him.

"Nami. Tell me what's wrong." The Hokage told Nami calmly after he finished the food.

Nami fidgeted, avoiding Saru's eyes. "There'snothingwrongGrandpaHokage.Howcanyousaythattheres'ssomethingwrong?"

"For that reason. I didn't even understand what you said. Look at me in the eyes and tell that to me again, young lady."

Nami sighed, his grandpa Hokage really knows her too well. She looked at him, playing with her fingers.

"Truth is, I feel very uneasy about the exam tomorrow. I feel like something bad will happen." Nami confessed.

"Hmm." So that is what's bothering her. The Hokage smiled warmly at her. " Don't worry. Nothing bad will happen. I'm going to protect you from the bad guys that will hurt you."

"Grandpa! You're treating me like a child! " Nami laughed, punching him playfully. The Hokage laughed with her. "But remember my promise to you at the Tower on the second exam? I meant that." Nami told him.

The Hokage sighed. "Okay. Okay. Just don't push yourself too far. You're recovering from your illness. Based on what Yugao told me, it affects you after using so much jutsu."

"Don't worry about me, Grandpa. Look. I'm recovering." Nami grinned at him. 

But little did she know, the sickness is slowly eating her from inside.